An Atkins meal delivery service is a fantastic way for Atkins diet followers to continue their healthy lifestyle without spending too much time grocery shopping and preparing meals. After all, you are more likely to stay on track if you get a little help in the meal prep department.
There are several Atkins meal delivery services, but we have analyzed them all to find the best. We looked at important factors such as variety, ingredient quality, pricing, taste, and more.
Here is a recap of our findings, including an overview of the seven best Atkins meal services and a buying guide to find your best choice.
MealPro is an Atkins meal delivery service that brings healthy meals right to your doorstep. Though they are not an Atkins Brand company, MealPro meets all Atkins diet guidelines with their Atkins meal delivery. The MealPro Atkins menu includes Salmon over Creamed Spinach, Cheddar Cheese Burger with Roasted Cauliflower, and Steak Fajitas. Here are the fantastic benefits of MealPro.
- Wide variety of nutritionist and chef-crafted, fresh, and ready-to-eat meals that can be customized and cover breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Ingredients are sustainable and non-GMO, with no added antibiotics, hormones, preservatives, or artificial flavors.
- Order one-time as needed or with a recurring subscription
- Meals are delivered vacuum sealed, chilled, and in a microwave-safe container
- Earn rewards points to redeem for free meals with every purchase
- Under $10 per serving, with shipping charges based on zip code
Green Chef delivers meal kits that taste delicious and help you eat healthily. The Green Chef Keto & Paleo plan is the best for those following a low-carb lifestyle like Atkins.
Unlike the others on our list, Green Chef has meal kits which means that they give you the premeasured and prepped ingredients along with recipe cards, and you cook them at home.
Some of our favorite recipes on the Keto & Paleo plan include Middle Eastern Style Beef Bowls, Cajun Shrimp Stirfry, and Barramundi with Lemon Chive Butter. Below are a few of the great benefits of Green Chef.
- Chef curated menu changes weekly with 24 recipes
- Choose your meal type, number of people, and how many meals per week
- USDA-certified organic company
- Prepare meals in about 30 minutes
- Eco-friendly and recyclable packaging where possible
- Starts at $11.99 per serving with a flat rate shipping charge of $9.99
Fresh N Lean is a meal delivery service that offers ready-to-eat meals packed with wholesome foods. They have different dietary options, but if you follow the Atkins diet, you’ll want to go with their Keto or Low Carb Vegan meal plan.
You can expect tasty dishes such as Mediterranean Salmon and BBQ Chicken Sausage Meatloaf on the keto menu and Curried Spinach and Romesco Quinoa with Tofu and Roasted Kabocha on the low-carb vegan menu. Take a look at the key benefits of Fresh N Lean.
- Selection of breakfast, entrees, snacks, and bulk foods
- Order a la carte or customize your subscription
- All meals are free of GMOs, gluten, antibiotics, hormones, refined sugars, and artificial ingredients.
- Every component of the packaging is recyclable or compostable
- Shipped fresh and vacuum sealed, but can be frozen to extend the shelf life if needed
- Starts as low as $8 per meal, and shipping is free
Factor Meals are prepared meals catered to various dietary lifestyles and delivered to your home. Though they do not specifically have Atkins meals, they have a similar Keto meal plan. Like Atkins, the Factor keto plan focuses on low-carb meals with lean protein and healthy fats.
Some of our favorite dishes include Queso Fundido with Cilantro Cauliflower “Rice,” Pimento Cheese Chicken Breast with Garlic Spinach and Creamed Zucchini, and Peruvian Shrimp Bowl with Red Pepper Cauliflower Grits and Broccoli. Below are the key highlights of the Factor keto meal service.
- Choose how many meals per week you would like and meal plan preferences
- The 29+ item menu is crafted by chefs and nutritionists and changes each week for a variety
- Arrive fresh, never frozen, and ready to eat
- Meals are made with fresh ingredients without antibiotics, hormones, refined sugars, or GMOs
- Completely recyclable or reusable packaging
- Starting at $11 per meal, $9.99 flat fee for shipping
Trifecta Keto Plan
Trifecta Nutrition, a top meal delivery service, is known for its dietary choices among its meal plans. Both their keto and paleo meal services fit within the Atkins guidelines.
On the keto and paleo menus, you can find low-carb meals like Korean Beef Bulgogi with Seasonal Vegetables, Beanless Chili Con Carne, and Grilled Salmon with Pesto on top of Sauteed Vegetables. Here are the key benefits of the Trifecta Nutrition Keto or Paleo plans.
- Option for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and choice of 5 or 7 days per week
- A la carte customizable meal prep or weekly subscription
- A medical doctor and registered dietician oversee all meal development
- No added sugars or GMOs, gluten-free, and low salt and saturated fat with humanely raised, sustainable and organic ingredients
- Delivered fresh with sustainable packaging and supply chain
- The lowest subscription is $99.99 per delivery with a $9.99 flat delivery fee to the continental United States
Sun Basket is a meal delivery service offering both prepared meals and meal kits. They have several plans to choose from, but their paleo and carb-conscious plans fit best with an Atkins lifestyle.
To get an idea of the options, you can find dishes like Chipotle Butternut Squash Stew which is one of their ready-to-eat selections, and Prosciutto-couscous Fritters over Romaine with a Coconut Basil Dressing or Italian Sausages with Vegetable Skewers and Spicy Green Harissa. Here are some key highlights of Sun Basket.
- Choose from meal kits, prepared meals, and market items like snack bars
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack options, and even pantry staples to make your own meals
- Weekly rotating menu designed by award-winning chefs
- Organic fresh produce, housemade spice blends and sauces, and responsibly sourced proteins
- Mostly compostable or recyclable packaging
- Starts at $9.99 per serving with free shipping on your first box, then $9.99 per box after
Atkins Frozen Meals
Atkins Frozen Meals are available in a store near you. They used to have the Atkins Easy Peasy Meal Kit, Frozen Foodie Meal Kit, and Evening Chef Meal Kit, in which you would have to prepare the meal from the ingredients, but now, they have discontinued them and instead offer their frozen meals.
The frozen meals are ready for you to just heat and eat. You can expect dishes like Meatloaf with Portabello Mushroom Gravy, Crustless Chicken Pot Pie, and Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower Bake. You can also get meal bars, shakes (we like the french vanilla), and treats. Here are the key benefits of Atkins Frozen Meals specifically.
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options
- Clear nutrition facts on every meal, including the number of carbs
- Reviews on each product to help you choose
- Buy in a store near you
- Pre-made meals with no cooking required
- Prices vary depending on your area
What is the Atkins Diet?
The Atkins Diet is primarily a low-carb and whole foods-based program designed for weight loss. It was developed in the 1960s by cardiologist Robert C. Atkins. It is based around limiting carbohydrate intake to urge the body to burn fat instead of carbs for fuel.
Since its creation, the Atkins Nutritionals brand has offered snacks, quick meals, and supplements to assist followers with their low-carb lifestyle. However, several other meal delivery comp offers a low-carb diet plan that follows the limitations of the original Atkins Diet.
Fresh vs. Frozen vs. Meal Kit
You’ll notice that Atkins meal delivery has three main options: Fresh, Frozen, and Meal Kits.
Fresh meals are ready to heat and they heat up faster but don’t stay good as long. Frozen meals are also ready to heat and stay good longer, though they take longer to warm and may cause consistency or textural issues.
Meal kits are not cooked when they arrive. Instead, a meal kit includes the exact amount of ingredients you need, prepped sauces and spices, and recipe cards to cook it.
Which type is best for you depends on how much cooking you want to do and your preference between fresh or frozen. Frozen is best for those who occasionally want a quick meal on standby, and fresh is better for those who want three meals a day ready to go.
Every meal delivery service has a different standard for its ingredient quality. For instance, some are all organic, like Green Chef, while others include some organic products like Trifecta or Fresh N Lean.
On a weight loss journey, you should consider at least looking for ingredients without hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, or artificial ingredients.
Menu Variety and Taste
When you are on the journey of losing weight and following the Atkins diet, variety and taste are crucial to sticking with it. Rotating menus like Factor, Trifecta, Green Chef, and Sunbasket ensure you’ll never get sick of the same meals.
Taste is also important because no one wants to eat flavorless food. All of the companies on our list get rave reviews for their taste, but if you are particularly picky, a meal kit might be the best option, so you have some control over the flavor.
You can buy Atkins meals online through the Atkins Online Store.
Yes, you can eat Atkins frozen meals in Phase 1 of the Atkins diet.
Ultimately, if you have started the Atkins diet to lose weight, these meal delivery companies can make it easier to stay low carb.
MealPro is our overall winner for being Atkins-specific, highly customizable, made with high-quality ingredients, and remaining affordable.
For those who want a meal kit, Green Chef is our top choice for its easy, ever-changing recipes, organic ingredients, and commitment to sustainability.
Vegans or vegetarians who want to go low carb should opt for Fresh N Lean as they have a low-carb vegan meal plan that is tasty, ready to eat, and made with high-quality ingredients.
Each of the others on our list can also make a good option depending on your needs. Consider each of their highlights and our buying considerations to make the best decision for you!