In a creative city like Austin, there is no shortage of amazing food. However, when you are on the go all the time, choosing healthy options is a must. Meal delivery services are an alternative to eating out that is healthy, delicious, and affordable. We have researched several meal companies in Austin to find the best of the best.
In our research, we analyzed important considerations such as freshness, quality, cost, and taste, among others. With these considerations in mind, we have crowned Front Porch Pantry the best meal delivery service in Austin for its large selection, dietary considerations, and reasonable pricing.
We found seven other meal delivery services in Austin that surpassed our standards, so let’s take a look.
Best Austin Meal Delivery Services
Front Porch Pantry is prepared meal delivery that brings tasty food directly to your kitchen without hassle. Some delicious meals include Garlic Lovers Pepper Steak, Baked Salmon Linguine, and Garlic Butter Filet Mignon with Crab Stuffed Mushroom. Here are a few other key benefits to Front Porch Pantry:
- Lower carb, high protein, mindful sodium, lower fat, and gluten-free selections
- Choose entrees, salads, soups, bread, breakfasts, lunches, and desserts
- Option to select lifestyle boxes or variety packs
- Menu updates every week, but favorites stay on the menu
- Meals are ready to eat in 3 minutes or less
- Entrees as low as $9.95 each
Eat the Gains was created and is prepared by Kelly, a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner. The premise is to provide healthy meal prep that you can use to reach your goals. Some other benefits include:
- Completely customized meal plans based on a free nutrition consultation
- Decide the exact number of meals you need on a week by week basis
- Foods are prepped in bulk so you can mix and match what you want to eat everyday
- Based on whole nutrient-dense foods
- Perfectly portioned
- Prices vary depending on your needs and the number of meals you order
Dream Dinners is pre-prepped meal kit delivery that is family-friendly. Their menu includes nutritious meals such as Slow Roasted Carolina BBQ Pork Tenderloin, Southern Shrimp and Grits, and Cashew Chicken with Noodles. Other benefits of Dream Dinners include:
- Comes in two portion sizes– medium and large
- All ingredients are prepped, measured, and prepared to allow you to cook from simple instructions
- 24 meals to choose from each month
- Slow cooker and grilling options
- Detailed nutrition on every meal
- Pricing starts at $14 for some medium meals, though every meal varies in price
Spirited Food Co. is a weekly meal service that focuses on individual wellness through food. Some menu selections include Berkshire Pork Cheeks in a Tomato Wine Sauce with Sweet Potato Mash and Kale and Leek Saute, Roasted Shrimp with Salsa Fresca, Marinated Mushrooms and Grilled Broccoli, and Meatball in Cashew Crema with Grilled Napa Cabbage and Caramelized Butternut Squash.
Here are some other key benefits of Spirited Food Co.:
- Four menus – Autoimmune Paleo Diet, Mediterranean, Lean Gourmet, and Family-style Meals
- Healthy meals free of gluten, hormones, GMOs, preservatives, and refined sugars
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
- Menus change every week
- Prepared meals can be reheated in the oven or microwave
- Servings start as low as $6 for breakfast, with the specialized diets coming in at $14 per serving
Snap Kitchen is on a mission to make delicious healthy food simple. They offer ready-to-eat meals prepared by chefs so that you don’t have to worry about what you will make. Some of their amazing menu selections include Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa, Tuscan Kale Salad with Shrimp, and Cod Piccata. There are a few other key benefits of Snap Kitchen, such as:
- Dietary considerations such as high-protein, keto, low carb, paleo, whole 30, and balance
- Filters for allergens, by protein, macronutrients
- No antibiotics, hormones, artificial sweeteners, or gluten
- Nutritionist directed rotating menus with customizable plans
- Meals ready in 3 minutes
- Portions start at $10.50 each
Prep to Your Door
Prep to Your Door is boasted as Texas’ only zero-waste meal company. A few of their healthy meal selections include Credo Nachos, Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas, and Rainbow Chopped Salad with Red Curry Dressing. Other great benefits of Prep to Your Door include:
- Selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Reusable packaging that they pick up every week with your delivery
- Choose a weekly subscription or a one-time order
- All meals are organic, plant-based, preservative, local, and gluten-free
- Food that is fresh and ready to eat
- Meal plans start at $64.95 for five meals
Farmhouse Delivery is bringing the farm to your doorstep. They have various options, essentially serving as a combination meal kit delivery service and an online farmers market. Some meal kit menu selections include Greek Chicken Souvlaki Summer Salad and Tzatziki, Instant Pot Peruvian Beef Lomo Saltado, and Spicy Fennel Pork Meatballs and Basil in Marinara. Here are a few benefits to Farmhouse Delivery:
- All ingredients come from local Texas Farmers that uphold organic growing and humane animal welfare standards.
- All sauces are made in house by a team of chefs
- Reusable bins and bags with every order to increase sustainability
- Order produce boxes, meat boxes, or extra grocery items with your meal kit
- New meal options every week
- Meal kits start at $10.95 per serving
Lucky Lime is the brainchild of decorated chef Rebecca Meeker after she became a certified holistic health coach. She is on a mission to bring you healthy food on the go. Some menu items include Sweet Potato Lasagna, Wild Salmon Poke Salad, and Miso Peanut Pasta Salad. There are a few great benefits to Lucky Lime:
- Order weekly prepared meal delivery, grab and go options, or combo meals
- Select extras like sweet treats and refreshing drinks
- Ingredients are farm-fresh, local, organic, and seasonal
- Packaging is either recyclable or compostable
- Stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days
- Weekly meals start at $8 for breakfast, but entrees range from $12-$15 each
Austin Meal Delivery Buying Guide
With more than just a few options on the list, here are some factors to consider to choose the best meal delivery for you.
Prepared Meals vs. Meal Kits
Prepared meals and meal kits both make it easy to eat healthy recipes; however, there is a big difference between the two.
Pre-made meals, or prepared meals, are made by chefs in a commercial kitchen and then delivered to you either frozen or refrigerated.
On the other hand, meal kits are a collection of ingredients to a recipe that you have to cook yourself at home. Keep in mind which is better for you when making your selection.
Dietary and Nutrition Considerations
Everyone has different dietary and nutrition considerations. Luckily, a lot of companies cater to the most common preferences and needs. If you need a gluten-free meal or one that is lower carb, always ensure that the service you choose offers meals that will fit your needs.
One of the most vital things to look at when selecting a meal service is menu variety. With many services, the menus vary every week or at least every month so that you can always try something new. But, of course, you’ll want to make sure the menu has lots of options that you want to try!
Try an Austin Meal Delivery Service
Meal delivery makes eating healthy easy. Of course, our favorite is Front Porch Pantry for the number of selections, overall taste, and affordable pricing, but you should choose whichever one is best for your lifestyle. Each of these companies will have you eating healthier without the large time commitment.