You’re putting in serious hours at the gym and working hard on building muscle. The goal is to see some nice definition when you flex in front of the mirror, but every hardcore bodybuilder knows success isn’t based on what happens at the gym alone. Diet is an equally crucial element to bodybuilding success.
The right diet is key in optimizing physical performance and endurance while fueling your body with the nutrients it needs.
If you’re ready to take the guesswork out of bodybuilding nutrition, these bodybuilding meal prep delivery services can help.
If you’re looking for a bodybuilding meal delivery service that’s a solid option in just about every category, it’s time to become acquainted with Trifecta Nutrition.
Trifecta wins high marks for its focus on clean eating, freshness, quality, versatility, and variety while providing meals that help you reach your macronutrient goals for bodybuilding. A few key points about Trifecta Nutrition’s service include:
- Optimal versatility and variety with plans and a la carte meals, as well as make your own meal options
- Grass-fed, free-range, and wild caught-protein
- Macro-balanced meals include all organic, non-GMO ingredients
- Meal plans include Paleo, Keto, Clean Eating, and Gluten-Free
- Trifecta Nutrition’s app offers support, tips, macro-nutrient, and goal progress tracking
Icon Meals is one of the simplest, most affordable, and customizable bodybuilding meal prep delivery services available today. For meals that hover around $10 each (breakfast options are usually less, while main meals can cost slightly more), Icon Meals offers an impressive range of choices and customization options.
There are three different meal boxes to choose from, along with customized breakfast, make your own meals, and a la carte trays of single proteins, carbs, and veggies to create your own meals.
- An impressive selection of meal box menus and a la carte options
- Snacks, seasonings, and protein coffee as add-ons
- Economical for what you get, although the single trays of a la carte veggies seem priced a little high
- Icon Meals offers heat and eat options only
- Gluten-free and allergen-free options are limited
The premise of Ice Age Meals is perfectly simple. Provide bodybuilders and other athletes with great tasting, clean, macro-balanced meals that support their health and fitness goals.
Ice Age Meals receives great reviews for taste, quality, and customer service. Their meals are protein-rich and made in small batches to optimize flavor without the addition of sugars, refined grains, or preservatives.
- Shipping is based on location in the United States and can be costly, especially for people along the east coast (they sometimes run free shipping promos)
- Meals are frozen to maintain freshness without preservatives
- Ice Age Meals has a zero-waste philosophy where they use all the ingredients they purchase in their meals
- Excellent word of mouth reputation
- More than 30 macro-balanced meals to choose from
Word of mouth means a lot when you’re considering a new bodybuilding meal prep delivery service. Factor 75 receives solid reviews for taste and quality with little exception. While some users claim that Factor 75 lacks a little in the variety department, other perks make this company worthy of a closer look.
- Organic, grass-fed ingredients, along with dairy and gluten-free meals
- Discount incentive for ordering more meals
- Paleo, Keto, and Gluten-Free plans
- Free 20 minute nutritional coaching session, plus the option to sign up for monthly nutritional coaching and support
- Add extra protein, snacks, and drinks with Factor+
Fresh n Lean
Fresh N Lean offers heat and eat meals that are designed for bodybuilders, endurance athletes, and fitness-minded people. Their meals are nutrient-dense, macro-balanced, and prepared with fresh, organic ingredients.
Most of the reviews you’ll read about Fresh N Lean are solid. There are a few out there that knock the company for their customer service, freshness, and overall quality of their meals.
- Economical compared to other bodybuilding meal prep delivery services
- Organic, heat and eat options for breakfast and dinner
- Protein+ meals contain 1500 macro-balanced calories
- Grass-fed, chemical-free ingredients
- Shipping is always free
Meal Pro offers a bodybuilding meal prep delivery option that’s easy for the health-conscious person to get on board with. They focus on high quality, sustainable, all-natural ingredients for helping you create meals that are perfectly tailored to your tastes and fitness needs.
Meal Pro offers a great deal of versatility. You can choose between low-carb, extra-carb, extra protein, and additional customization options.
- Meals are easily customized, and you can order individuals ingredients by the pound to create your own meals
- Well proportioned, filling meals
- Clean bulking meal options that are high in clean calories, with extra protein
- Meal Pro offers 1000+ calorie meal options
- Limited reviews leave some unknowns about the Meal Pro company
Athlete Approved? What About Extra Protein?
There’s no greater testament to the quality of a bodybuilding meal prep delivery service than the one that comes directly from other athletes. There are a lot of people out there, using these services to help them reach fitness and health goals but not all of them are as hardcore as bodybuilders and endurance athletes.
You might want to look at services such as Meal Pro that offers meals designed by both bodybuilders and chefs. Protein is key for successful bodybuilding, making it a good idea to look for meal delivery services that at least offer extra protein if it’s not already automatically included in their meals.
Trifecta Nutrition’s make your own meal option, and Factor 75’s Factor+ selections offer easy ways to add more protein to your meals.
Fresh Vs Frozen
Consider your preference for fresh vs frozen ingredients. Fresh might seem like its hands down the better option, but this isn’t always the case.
For instance, Ice Age Meals chooses to freeze all their meals to preserve freshness without adding unnecessary preservatives. Plus, freezing enables them to produce less waste.
Grass-Fed Protein and Organic Ingredients
Most of the bodybuilding meal prep delivery services on this list offer high-quality ingredients that include grass-fed proteins, organic and sustainable ingredients. These services cater to the health and fitness minded crowd, so they’re likely to go the extra mile in providing the healthiest ingredients.
That said, if quality and purity are important, you shouldn’t make assumptions. This information is easily accessible on most meal delivery sites so you can make the best-informed decisions for your health.
Meal Variety and Taste
Finally, the last thing you want is to get bored with your bodybuilding meal prep delivery service because that’s one of the surest ways to cheat a little here and there. There are people out there who genuinely prefer eating the same meals every day, and if you’re one of them, then just about any meal delivery service on this list will work for you.
Trifecta Nutrition offers lots of ways to customize your meals, which is just one of the reasons they earn the top spot. Ice Age Meals also offers great variety with more than 30 meals to choose from.
How you choose to nourish your body while building muscle is so important. You shouldn’t have to sacrifice taste, quality, or clean ingredients simply because you don’t have the time (or desire) to cook.
Trifecta Nutrition, Icon Meals, and Ice Age Meals earned top marks, but there really aren’t any losers on this list. Take a look, decide what’s most important to you, and make the leap to trying one of these great bodybuilding meal prep delivery services to fuel success and support your goals.