More people today are embracing a gluten-free lifestyle. Some do so by choice, others adopt a gluten free diet due to medical reasons, such as having Celiac’s disease or severe gluten intolerance. Gluten-free meal delivery services offer a respite from shopping and meal prep for today’s busy lifestyles.
With so many meal delivery options out there, here’s a look at some of the most popular GF meal delivery companies.
Gluten-Free Meal Kits
Meal companies offer two different types of meals. Those that are prepared so all you have to do is heat and eat, and those that require a small amount of prep and cooking called meal kits or meal prep. Many people prefer meal prep options because it “feels” more like home cooking.
Meal prep options also allow you the ability to customize your meals, eliminating flavors or ingredients you don’t want. Meals you prep and cook at home might also taste fresher, and you get the benefit of seeing what goes into your meal. Here are a few of the top meal kit gluten free meal plans available.
Subscribe to Sun Basket and you’ll receive a kit packed full of fresh, mostly organic ingredients designed to create healthy meals that you’ll truly enjoy preparing and eating. Sun Basket offers several meal plan options, including one designed especially for gluten sensitivity.
Sun Basket offers at least 8 gluten-free options every week. Keep in mind that these meals are carefully developed to meet certified gluten-free dietary standards. They’re adequately portioned and contain a good balance of protein, fiber, and good fats.
Here are a few of the key points that make Sun Basket the overall best choice of Gluten-free meal kit services.
- At least 8, but usually more than 10 gluten-free meal plan options every week
- Meal prep is simple with meals that can be ready to eat in only 20 minutes
- Organic meals
- Well reviewed sauces that contain zero hidden gluten
- Good option for beginners just starting out with a gluten-free diet
- Their gluten-free meals are packed in the same facility as meals containing gluten, so individuals with Celiacs Disease may want to contact Sun Basket directly with concerns
Martha & Marley Spoon
Martha & Marley Spoon receive good reviews for taste, quality, and freshness. Whether you’re new to the gluten-free lifestyle or are looking for some ways to add a little pizazz to your nightly meals, Martha & Marley Spoon delivers with easy meal prep and a variety of options.
Martha & Marley Spoon don’t have a designated gluten-free meal plan, but they do have their gluten-free meals clearly marked as such. Martha & Marley Spoon typically offer about 10 GF options each week.
- Currently dinner only, with no breakfast or lunch options
- Flat rate shipping of $8.99
- Variety of meal options, including classics, regional, and world cuisines
- Easy to follow recipe cards contain no more than 6 steps
As a gluten-free diet delivery service, Green Chef has decent reviews when it comes to taste and freshness. The one area that some users do have complaints with is portion size, but this is also pretty common as many meal prep services aren’t designed for heartier appetites.
Green Chef doesn’t have a specific gluten-free plan option but both their Keto and Paleo plans are gluten-free. With both of these plans, you get 6 meal options each week.
- Ideal for those with a gluten sensitivity who would like to try out Paleo or Keto without making a major commitment
- Somewhat limited options with only 6 per week
- Meals are varied, with a mix of classics and world cuisines
- Green Chef uses organic food as much as possible and supports local and sustainable business when they can
- Flat rate shipping added to each order
Gluten-Free Vegan Meal Delivery
Wheat and other gluten-containing ingredients are often staples for the typical vegan diet. However, it’s entirely possible to follow a vegan lifestyle and still be naturally gluten-free, especially with the help of a vegan gluten-free meal delivery service.
On the surface, Sprinly is a gluten-free vegan’s dream come true. All of their meals are made in a gluten free kitchen, safe for Celiac Disease sufferers, so there’s no worry about cross-contamination, and Sprinly also stays away from refined sugar, extra sodium and processed food. To sweeten the deal, Sprinly receives some great reviews from their customers.
So, what does Sprinly have going against them? For starters, they’re lacking in the variety department with only 6 meals per week. They also have a somewhat limited delivery area, focusing mainly on the midwestern and eastern regions of the United States. Finally, they’re a bit pricey compared to other gluten-free food delivery.
- Great customer reviews for taste and quality
- Free shipping if you live in one of the 14 states they deliver to
- Limited selection with only 6 meal options per week
- 100% certified gluten-free, nutritionist-approved meals
- Gluten free grains and brown rice
- Priced higher, with average meals costly nearly twice as much as other services
MamaSezz is a whole-foods, plant-based meal delivery service that wins accolades from gluten-free vegans wanting fuss-free, easy to prepare meals. As one of the leading plant-based meal services, MamaSezz takes their commitment to nutritional quality seriously.
Every meal option from MamaSezz is made in a gluten-free facility, which means you’re not going to spend extra time sorting through each meal to find truly GF options. This also means no risk of cross-contamination like some other companies that prepare gluten-free meals in the same facilities as their non-GF options.
- MamaSezz is 100% GF, and also free of refined sugars, dairy, and preservatives
- 24 meal options every week
- Choose between specialty bundles or a la carte options
- Easy to prepare heat and eat meals
- Free shipping on bundles and a la carte orders over $89
Daily Harvest is a slightly different type of meal delivery service. Their offerings are 100% vegan, and also 100% gluten-free. This means that GF customers aren’t limited to just a few selections or are put in the position of sorting through each item to make sure it meets their dietary requirements.
Rather than traditional meals, Daily Harvest offers options like smoothies, soups, harvest bowls, flatbreads, chia bowls, and lattes – all packed with nutrition. Daily Harvest is a good option for gluten-free vegans who are looking for breakfast dishes, lunch, and meal replacement choices.
- Non-traditional meal delivery service offering smoothies, lattes, bowls, and snacks
- Menu is 100% gluten-free diet approved
- Choose between weekly or monthly packages, with discount incentives for quantity
- The available app makes account management easier
- Best for light meals and snacks
- No processed foods
Splendid Spoon is a vegan, 100% gluten-free meal delivery service that offers lighter meal options. Think along the lines of smoothies, soups, and easy to prepare bowls for a quick breakfast or lunch.
Splendid Spoon offers 3 meal plans that include breakfast (mostly smoothies), lunch, and their specially designed Reset plan for digestive health.
- Good option for vegans with Celiac Disease looking for lighter, nutritious meals
- 100% GF menu featuring about 40 choices across different categories
- No a la carte option – you choose between 3 plans
- All meals, whether they’re smoothies or heartier bowls cost about the same
- Free shipping within the continental United States
Thistle features a plant-forward, globally inspired menu. Thistle offers a selection of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, as well as snacks. Their meals are mostly vegan, although you will find some animal product offerings, like eggs, on the site as well.
Thistle is an easy option for eating naturally gluten-free because all of their meals are GF. This is a plus for people with more severe gluten sensitivities since there’s no risk of cross-contamination with gluten-containing products.
The downside with Thistle is that their delivery area is quite limited, serving only parts of the western region of the United States.
- All of Thistle’s vegan meals are 100% gluten-free
- Limited delivery range, serving only specific parts of the western United States
- Meals are heat and eat or can be served cold
- Healthy options
- Customers seem to like Thistle’s quality and taste
- No processed ingredients
Purple Carrot is a full vegetarian meal delivery service. Their platform isn’t completely gluten-free, but they do include GF options in their regular lineup. Purple Carrot offers easy to prepare vegan meals that can be on your table in under 30 minutes.
Purple Carrot allows you to choose a meal plan or put together a package using their a la carte selections. They do offer a gluten-free meal package for a simple option. Overall, Purple Carrot offers a decent variety, however, their GF options are limited to 6 per week.
Purple Carrot might be a good option for vegan couples or families where not everyone eats gluten-free.
- Somewhat limited selection with only 6 GF options per week
- Light prep meals can be on your table in less than 30 minutes
- Lacking flexibility in terms of delivery with delivery days being determined by your location
- Instead of easy to grab-and-use meal cards, instructions for all the week’s meals (even the ones you don’t get) are provided in a booklet
Prepared Gluten-Free Meal Service
Many people turn to meal delivery for the ultimate in convenience they provide. Whether you don’t like to cook or simply don’t have the time to spend tooling around in the kitchen, fully prepared meals are a great option for having a meal on the table in a matter of minutes.
These gluten-free delivery services provide fully prepared, packaged meals that only need to be popped in the microwave before enjoying.
Freshly is a popular meal service that offers a menu that’s 100% gluten-free. It’s always a plus when a company commits to being fully GF because it reduces the risk of cross-contamination for the most sensitive individuals. All of Freshly’s meals are delivered fresh and ready to heat & eat.
With Freshly, you do have to agree to a plan, which is determined by the number of meals you want each week. Once you’ve signed up for a plan, you choose the meals that are included in it.
- Entire menu is 100% gluten-free ingredients
- The cost per meal depends on the size of your plan
- Freshly isn’t forthcoming on their website about shipping charges
- About 30 meal options per week
- Freshly gets really good reviews for taste but gets knocked for shipping policies and customer service
ModifyHealth’s mission is to provide “Better Health. Delivered.” and help restore health and wellness through food as medicine. As the #1 doctor and dietitian referred meal delivery service in the US, they are a leader in helping people on their path to health and wellness via gluten-free, home-delivered meals.
ModifyHealth is a 100% fully gluten-free facility so those with Celiac Disease and IBS never have to worry. All 60+ of their meals, including both their Mediterranean and Low FODMAP (i.e. digestive friendly) meals plans, eliminate gluten. In addition to all meals being gluten-free, Modify Health also ensures gluten-free, organic, non-GMO and fresh vacuum-sealed meals delivered to your door.
- 60+ nutritionally-tailored gluten-free meals to choose from
- Meals designed by nutritionists, dietitians and chefs
- All entrees are gluten-free and low sodium
- Delivered fresh in vacuum-sealed packaging, fresh for 7-10 days (frozen for up to 3 months)
- Organic food with non-GMO produce
- Quick and convenient – simply heat and eat in under two minutes
- Choose your meals on their website week to week
- Full nutritional information and ingredients, so never worry about food allergies again
- Reasonable prices: $11.75 – $12.50 for entrees
- Free shipping nationwide means no hidden charges
- Optional trained dietitian support to help find the right meals for you and to help stay on track
Factor Meals is a prepared delivery service that focuses on providing nutritious, tasty meals while helping meet their dietary needs and goals. They provide meals that are appropriate for paleo and keto lifestyles but what we’re really focused on here is that Factor’s meals are all gluten-free.
With Factor 75, you can either choose your meals or have them selected for you. They also include snacks and extra protein options in their lineup. Factor wins the top spot of best gluten-free meal delivery for their variety, flexibility, and overall positive reviews.
- Every meal from Factor is gluten-free
- Decent selection with 20 meal and snack options per week
- Factor 75 doesn’t shy away from grains but includes GF options like wild rice and quinoa
- Ideal for GF individuals who are following special diets, like paleo and keto
- Decent customer reviews for taste and quality
- Meals are shipped fresh, not frozen
Pete's Real Food
Pete’s Real Food is one of the best Paleo centered meal delivery services around. They get high marks for their meals, which are delivered fresh and prepared with high-quality seasonal ingredients. They keep what they consider “junk” away from their meals, and this includes gluten.
With a choice between plans or 20 a la carte gluten-free foods, Pete’s Real Food is a good choice for Paleo dieters or those who are interested in dipping their toes into the lifestyle.
- Heat & eat gluten-free food are delivered fresh as opposed to frozen
- Entire menu selection is gluten-free with no risk of cross-contamination
- Meals are developed around the Paleo dietary philosophy
- One of the few gluten-free meal delivery services that ships to Alaska and Hawaii
Epicured is one of the first and only meal delivery services that offer completely low FODMAP food options, which are also 100% gluten-free. Epicured is a good choice for people who eat gluten-free foods not just due to personal preferences but for more serious health concerns – like celiac disease and IBD.
- 100% gluten-free meals
- Designed for individuals with gluten-sensitive health conditions
- Heat & eat meals are delivered fresh
- Options include traditional meals, snacks, soups, and salads
Trifecta Nutrition offers a rotating weekly menu of gluten-free meals that have been created by their in-house chef. Trifecta Nutrition’s strong point is their focus on clean, organic ingredients to enhance your healthy lifestyle.
Trifecta Nutrition is also more affordable than many other gluten-free meal delivery services if you choose a la carte foods, making it ideal for budget-minded gluten-free individuals.
- All meals are gluten-free, soy-free, and dairy-free
- Grass Fed Meat and Wild caught fish
- Economical option, with choices between plans and a la carte menu
- No hidden shipping costs
- Focus on organic ingredients and sustainable practices
The Good Kitchen
The premise behind the Good Kitchen is simple. Create healthy, easy meals using mostly organic ingredients that pack a powerful nutritional punch. All of the Good Kitchen’s meals are gluten-free. The Good Kitchen offers more variety than you’ll find with other services, including more than 20 meal options each week.
- All meals are gluten-free, with zero risks of cross-contamination
- Organic ingredients used whenever possible
- Meals come frozen, ready to heat and eat
- Shipping is free
- The Good Kitchen has a mix of reviews concerning customer service
Paleo On The Go
Gluten-free individuals might find that the purest options for GF meals often come from Paleo-focused companies that exclude gluten based on the Paleo dietary philosophy. Paleo On the Go is another example of a Paleo meal service that is ideal for GF individuals.
- Paleo On the Go offers a decent variety with 22 meal options each week
- Cost varies depending on the meals chosen
- All meals are 100% gluten-free
- Some customer reviews cite bland tasting food as a reason for choosing a different company
Fresh N Lean
As a gluten-free meal delivery option, Fresh N Lean caters to multiple dietary lifestyles. All of their meals are gluten-free and organic while catering to Paleo, Keto, and vegan diets. If you happen to be a GF vegan, you might like that Fresh N Lean offers low-carb vegan options as well.
The downside of Fresh N Lean is they offer little in terms of customization options, but for GF individuals, the fact that they don’t have to worry about gluten contamination with Fresh N Lean can far outweigh any convenience.
- All meals are gluten-free and organic
- Heat & eat meal options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Limited options for meal customization
- Customer reviews cite some inconsistencies with taste and quality
- Shipping is free with Fresh N Lean
Home Bistro promotes restaurant-quality meals that you can enjoy at home in a matter of minutes. From the website, the meals do look to be of high quality, and in general, customer reviews reinforce that assessment. All of Home Bistro’s meals are gluten-free.
Home Bistro is also one of the more expensive gluten-free meal delivery options you’ll find. For what you pay, you don’t get a lot in terms of flexibility but the quality is good and their GF platform is easy to use.
- GF meals cost as much as $20 per serving
- Meals are delivered frozen and ready to heat & eat
- Best for people who aren’t picky eaters since there are limited customization options
- Choose between several dietary preference options
Eatology combines the philosophies of Paleo and Zone complaint diets into one slightly different nutritional concept. Their meals are designed for people who are looking to become healthier, possibly lose weight, or maintain their current healthy weight.
Eatology can be a good option for people who are carefully monitoring their macronutrient intake.
- 25 gluten-free meal options
- Meals are available in two portion sizes
- Their website doesn’t feature any images of food, so you don’t always know what you’re getting
- Economical, but with mixed reviews on taste
What sounds better than “meals kids love with no cooking required”? How about if those meals are also gluten-free? Yumble is a meal delivery service that’s designed to appeal to the palates of young eaters (ages 2-12), and they do cater to certain food allergies and sensitivities, including gluten.
- Gluten-free meals are tagged for easy identification
- About 15 GF meal options per week
- Good for kids that are allergic to eggs, soy, and some other common food allergens
- Economically priced
- Heat & eat meal options are delivered fresh
Fortunately, for people who are living a GF lifestyle, there are many gluten-free meal delivery services to choose from. Not all of them are exclusively gluten-free, and a handful of them also accommodate other dietary needs you may have.
Our top choices of Sun Basket, Sprinly, Freshly, and Yumble Kids have shown to meet the needs and preferences of gluten-free individuals across the board. If you have a serious gluten sensitivity, please reach out to the customer service departments directly for questions about their ingredients and food handling practices.