Halal, in reference to food, is the dietary standard according to the Muslim scripture. For a food to be Halal certified, it must be prepared according to their rules, including but not limited to meats, excluding seafood, being butchered by a Muslim and by hand with all of the blood drained out of it.
Unfortunately, there haven’t been many meal delivery services that have come to the market specializing in Halal meals. However, the ones that have been making waves and providing healthy meals for the Muslim community. Our overall favorite is Scoff Meals for their attention to nutrition while still honoring Halal. However, there are some other great runners-up. Let’s take a look at exactly what these Halal meal delivery services have to offer and how to pick the best one for you.
Scoff Meals bring Halal-certified proteins and meal plans designed by nutritionists to help you meet your goals. Some of their delicious meals include Gochujang Chicken Thighs with Gluten-Free Turmeric Noodles; Stir Fry Veg, Curry Spiced Coley Fish with Bombay Potatoes, Minted Peas & Mint Yoghurt; and Korean Tofu with Forbidden Black Rice & Asian Greens. Here are some other benefits of Scoff Meals:
- Four plans to choose from- Balance, Fat Loss, Office, and Build, each with different macros
- Ingredients sourced from local farms and markets
- Prepared meals ready in 3 minutes
- Meals can be frozen to last longer
- Some extras like immunity shots and snacks
- Pricing depends on the plan, but weekly subscribers receive discounts
Halal 2 Go specializes in Halal and allergy-friendly prepared meals. They offer chef-curated dishes such as Grilled Eggplant Parmesan, Jerk Chicken Bowl, and Chicken and Waffles. Other benefits of Halal 2 Go include:
- Vegetables and grains sourced locally and organically when available
- Meats are certified Zabiha Halal
- A la carte for as many or as few meals as you want with free shipping for five or more meals
- Will design a custom meal plan for those with certain allergens or diets
- Low carb and keto menu selections
- Portions start at $16.50
My Halal Meat provides ready-to-eat Halal foods packaged and processed in the NEMA facility, one of the only Halal-certified slaughtering and processing under one roof in the United States. They offer ready to cook foods such as Halal Soujouk Pizza, Pide with Cheese & Vegetables, and Chicken Adana Kebab. Here are some great benefits of My Halal Meat:
- Halal ready to eat foods, deli meats, desserts and pastries, and cheese
- Sourced and shipped directly from NEMA, owned by Muslims
- A la carte ordering for as much or as little as you would like
- All products are USDA approved and follow the guidelines for storage and shipping
- Pricing varies depending on the product
Saffron Road has frozen entrees, simmer sauces, and ready-to-eat meals that aim to bring the world together through food similar to how the silk road did in history. Some of their frozen entrees include dishes such as Butter Chicken, Lamb Saag, and Vegetable Biryani. There are some other awesome benefits to Saffron Road as well, including:
- Halal certified proteins
- Options for vegetarian, vegan, and kosher diets as well
- Multiple meal sizing selections, including family size
- Filter by allergens while ordering
- Ethically sourced ingredients free of antibiotics, hormones, and GMOs
- Pricing varies depending on the product
Meal Delivery Services Buying Guide
Though there might only be a few choices for Halal meal prep and delivery, it is still essential to make the best choice for you. Here are some considerations before making your choice.
Ready to Eat vs. Frozen Meals vs. Grocery Products
There are three main types of certified Halal food that you can have delivered to your doorstep– ready-to-eat meals, frozen meals, and grocery products.
Ready-to-eat meals are those that can be warmed up from a refrigerated or room temperature. Frozen meals take a bit longer than ready-to-eat meals but are still convenient. Grocery products are individual packages of meats ready to cook, snacks, sauces, and other products that you would typically buy from a grocery store.
Not all Halal-certified meals are healthy meals. If you are looking to meet health goals or have certain nutrition preferences, you’ll want to ensure that the meal delivery service you choose can accommodate your needs. Our choice for the best nutrition-centered company is Scoff Meals, but you can meet a lot of dietary needs with the other companies as well.
One of the big factors that go into choosing a meal delivery service is that there has to be variety. No one wants to eat the same foods over and over again. Ensure that the meal delivery service you choose keeps their menu fresh by rotating it each week or offering a multitude of different selections.
Eat Delicious Food with Halal Meal Prep Services
Halal meal prep and delivery can be easy with these great companies. They uphold strict cultural practices to deliver you delicious meals while sometimes even saving you some cooking time. Which one will you choose?
Are Hello Fresh meals Halal?
Hello Fresh meals are not specifically Halal.
Does the Chef’s Plate have Halal?
Chef’s Plate is a division of Hello Fresh and does not specifically meet Halal requirements.
Is Youfoodz chicken Halal?
Some of the Youfoodz proteins are from Halal-certified facilities, and some are not; however they are all prepared in the same kitchen, so they cannot mark their meals as Halal.
Is my prep Halal?
You should always check with your chosen meal delivery service to see if they follow Halal practices.