HelloFresh is a meal delivery service that provides the ingredients and recipes for your selected meals right to your doorstep. HelloFresh is set up on a recurring weekly scheduled delivery, and though it is convenient, sometimes it can be necessary to cancel.
Whether you are switching services, taking an extended break from meal delivery altogether, or there’s just no room in the budget anymore, canceling HelloFresh subscriptions is relatively easy.
Before you Cancel HelloFresh
Before we get started on how to cancel, keep in mind that you can skip weeks at any time if you just need a short break for vacation or a change in your schedule. Skipping weeks is done through your HelloFresh account and is the best option for opting out in the short term.
However, if that situation doesn’t apply to you, here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cancel HelloFresh.
How To Cancel Your Hello Fresh Subscription
The first step in canceling your HelloFresh subscription is to log in to your HelloFresh account on their website. You’ll sign in using the email and password that you set up when you signed up.
Once on the homepage of your account, click on your name located in the upper right-hand corner of the screen, which will bring down a series of selections. Click on account settings.
Next, scroll to the bottom of the plan settings page. Here you’ll find a button that says “Cancel Plan.” By clicking this button, you’ll get a popup that gives you some other ways to get help besides canceling, but under them, click the “Cancel Anyway” button.
You’ll be asked why you are canceling, so choose the option that best relates to your situation.
A few prompts will pop up, and again, you’ll want to select the “Cancel Anyway” button.
At the end, a message confirming that your subscription has been canceled will appear. This screen will also tell you if you have a final delivery of processed orders that have already been charged and when they will arrive.
Tips For Cancellation
There are a few tips to keep in mind when you go through the Hello Fresh cancellation process:
- Ensure that you are five days out from your next scheduled delivery before going through the cancellation process. This is the cut-off date. If your next scheduled delivery will be going out in the next few days, you can still cancel but will be charged for that week’s box.
- We mentioned above that you could skip a week or two for short-term changes, but you can also change the number of meals and the frequency of your plan in your account if that would be a better option for you.
- Canceling subscriptions is easier using a desktop or laptop. You can go through the cancellation process on your phone; however, it is more optimized for larger screens.
- Once you cancel, you will forfeit any promotions that you signed up under. You may receive additional promotions in the future, but current promotions won’t automatically apply if you sign up again. This is why skipping a week or two can be helpful if you need a short-term break, as skipping will just apply your promotion to the next week.
- The HelloFresh customer care team can also assist with any troubles you have while canceling subscriptions.
As you can see, canceling a Hello Fresh subscription is a relatively easy process and not more than a web click or two away. We hope you found this article helpful so that you can cancel your account before your next delivery day. Good luck!