By the time you get through the daily traffic in Atlanta, there is not much time to cook dinner after work, but eating out can get expensive and isn’t always the healthiest choice. Meal delivery services are a quick alternative option that won’t break the budget. However, in a food-rich city like Atlanta, there are many to choose from. Luckily, we have scoured through them to find you the best meal delivery companies in Atlanta.
In our considerations, we scrutinized vital elements such as quality, taste, cost, freshness, and nutrition. One company surpassed our high expectations. Meals by Melissa is our winner for the best overall meal delivery company in Atlanta for its commitment to clean ingredients and menu options.
Eight other meal delivery services held up to our standards as well. If you are looking for a speedy, healthy alternative to get dinner on the table after work, check out these great companies.
Meals By Melissa
BEST ATLANTA MEAL DELIVERY SERVICE
Meals by Melissa create clean, healthy meal options delivered to your doorstep. Clients choose every meal for every order leading to their over 90% customer satisfaction rate. We love that they are locally owned in the Metro Atlanta area, and work to improve community health through delicious prepared food.
Their shipping area includes Atlanta and some areas outside of the Atlanta the Atlanta perimeter. With seven menu choices, each with the macronutrient information listed for each dish, it’s no problem to choose menu items that you’ll love and that will fit in with your dietary goals.
Here are some other key benefits to Meals by Melissa:
- No hormones, no antibiotics, no additives, no chemicals,
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
- Low-carb meal selections
- Macronutrient information for every meal
- Multiple plan options for your tastes and busy life
- Prices start at $75 for 8 meals
Fresh N Fit Cuisine
BEST PALEO MEAL DELIVERY
Fresh N Fit Cuisine is a prepared meal delivery company in Atlanta that focuses on nutrition. They offer their customers in Atlanta, GA the opportunity to meet their healthy living goals without all the fuss of meal prep and shopping for groceries. Plus, they even offer a Corporate Wellness program!
Some benefits of Fresh N Fit Cuisine are:
- Choose various plans or single meal options
- Dietary options including those specific to keto, Hcg-approved, gluten-free, healthy mix, vegetarian, low-carb, and paleo
- Chef-prepared, dietitian-approved, using locally sourced ingredients
- Perfectly portioned with different calorie options
- Starting at just $5.99 per meal
- Selections to fit Paleo, Autoimmune Protocol, and Keto diets
Fresh Harvest is bringing a new edge to meal delivery. With produce and fruit baskets to try new ingredients in your recipes and prepared dishes that range from grain bowls to mac and cheese, there are all sorts of things to add to your delivery. They call themselves an online farmer’s market
- Supports local organic farms
- Reduces packaging and food waste
- Tons of options, from baked goods and prepared meals to proteins and vegetables
- Choose your basket the week before for your weekly delivery
- No delivery fee
- Prices vary, with specials occurring weekly
Instead of Flowers
Instead of Flowers is a gourmet meal delivery service that delivers meals for two. They focus on meals you can send instead of flowers in appropriate settings; however, a lot of people use this service when they want a chef-prepared meal at home. Some key benefits are:
- Gourmet meals from three tiers– standard, deluxe, and premium
- Vegetarian, gluten-free, and kid’s selections
- Meals come with rolls, salad, sides, and dessert
- Can substitute sides if needed
- Chef special meal each month
- Prices starting at $47 for a 3-course meal for two
Good Measure Meals
Good Measure Meals is bringing nutritionally balanced meals and good for the community. They not only are cooking up delicious food but are also donating 100% of their meal plan proceeds to a local non-profit, Open Heart Atlanta. Some other benefits of Good Measure Meals are:
- 80+ prepared meal options
- Once weekly delivery
- Free consultation with a dietician
- Healthy balance, vegetarian, and Rx diets (mechanical soft and renal options)
- Meals delivered frozen so that they last up to 6 months
- Starting at $8.25 a meal including delivery
Best Nationwide Companies Offering Atlanta Meal Service
Green Chef is a meal kit company that has easy-to-follow recipes for a healthy lifestyle. They stand out due to their flavorful menus. Some great benefits of Green Chef include:
- USDA certified organic company
- Sustainably-sourced ingredients
- Keto, Paleo, Balanced Living, and Plant-Powered meal plans
- Restaurant worthy dishes with inspired flavors
- Starts at $11.99 per serving
Freshology brings prepared meals to your door that are ready to eat in under 3 minutes. Freshology is an especially good food delivery service for anyone looking to improve their health through diet and nutrition. Some other benefits of Freshology include:
- Prepared in USDA inspected kitchens
- Keto-Carb30, diabetic, healthy balance, and vegetarian plans
- Focus on making portioned-controlled, low-calorie, tasty dishes
- A team of professional chefs
- Starting at $121.99 for 10 meals
Gobble is a delivery service that has meals that can be made in 15 minutes or less. Recipes focus on dishes that can be made in one pan or skillet, and the ingredients are pre-prepped for you. Other key benefits include:
- Low-carb, veggie, and Gluten or dairy-free menu selection
- Classic kit or lean and clean kit which is low carb and low calorie
- Plans for 2-4 people with various number of meals per week options
- A chef does all the preparation of ingredients for you
- Prices start at $11.95 per person
Fresh N Lean
Fresh N Lean is fresh, prepared meal delivery to the Atlanta area. They focus on organic, fresh, chef-prepared meals. Some benefits of Fresh N Lean include:
- USDA-certified organic
- Various weekly meal plan choices, including dietary considerations and breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Focus on locally-grown, in-season produce, grass-fed beef, and wild-caught fish
- Pre-portioned meals with exact nutritional breakdowns
- Ready in under three minutes
- Prices start at $11 per meal
Atlanta Meal Delivery Buying Guide
Though there are a lot of great food delivery companies in Atlanta, meal delivery is a bit different. It is essential to find the right one for you. We have created a buying guide to help you find the answers you need.
Prepared vs. Meal Kit
Prepared meals are pre-cooked for you by professionals but are reheated by you at home, usually in an oven or a microwave. These meals always come with reheating instructions so you can ensure your food is nice and not.
Meal kits provide pre-measured ingredients and a recipe delivered for you to prepare at home.
If you are on the go or don’t want to cook, prepared meals are the way to go. However, if you are looking for new recipes and are just trying to avoid the grocery store, meal kits are your pick.
Meals by Melissa, Fresh N Fit Cuisine, Instead of Flowers, Good Measure Meals, Fresh N Lean, and Freshology are options for meal prep delivery services in the greater Atlanta area. Green Chef and Gobble are meal kit services with service to Atlanta.
Prepared vs. Whole Ingredient Meal Kits
Above, we introduced two different types of meal kits– those with pre-prepped ingredients and pre-measured whole ingredients.
Whole ingredient kits are pre-measured, but you still have to wash, peel, and chop all of the produce and handle any preparation of the meat, such as marinating or forming patties.
With prepared kits, the ingredients still come to you pre-measured but also already prepared, meaning the veggies and meat are ready to be used right from the kit.
Prepared kits save a lot of prep time, so it is something to consider if you are short on time. Check out Gobble for a prepared kit!
Dietary and Nutrition Considerations
Dietary needs and nutrition preferences can make or break a meal delivery service. After all, everyone’s needs and preferences are different. Always ensure that you look at what each company can provide so that it is a good fit.
Meals by Melissa, Fresh N Fit Cuisine, and Good Measure Meals are our choice for people who have dietary and nutrition concerns that rank high on their priority list.
Customization caters to your lifestyle. Each company offers some level of customization options, but Fresh N Fit Cuisine shines for its variety of menu options and ability to order a la carte or on various plans.
Meal delivery services offer restaurant-worthy meals at a convenience, and sometimes that can come at a cost. Don’t worry though, many of the services we highlighted above are still less expensive than eating out. Some are even under $10 per serving, like Meals by Melissa, Fresh N Fit Cuisine, and Good Measure Meals.
Additionally, sometimes you can work around your budget by ordering fewer meals per week or bundling more meals. Check with individual companies to see how you can save.
Menu Selection & Flavors
The menu is the most vital consideration when it comes to all food delivery services, but especially with prepared meal or meal kit deliveries. Always ensure that the company you go with has a menu that sounds appealing to you with flavors you’ll enjoy. Meal delivery companies in Atlanta always have at least a sample menu on their website, so don’t be afraid to take a look!
All of these companies offer wonderful meals in Atlanta, but our clear overall winner for the top local company is Meals by Melissa for its high customer satisfaction rates and affordable price.
Our selection for the best Paleo delivery service in Atlanta is Fresh N Fit Cuisine for their ability to provide healthy, dietary-specific meals with a lot of options.
Finally, our winner for the best for the community is Good Measure Meals because of their commitment to a local Atlanta non-profit.
With so many great meal delivery companies in Atlanta, we’re sure you’ll find one you love.