Cleveland, OH, may have a great restaurant scene, but eating out or getting takeout every day can be detrimental to your wallet and waistline. Meal delivery services are a healthier alternative that still makes it easy to eat healthy on the go. And the best part? They can be more affordable than restaurants.
When looking for meal delivery services, it is important to consider the quality of ingredients, customization, nutrition, cost, freshness, and whether you’ll enjoy the food. With these in mind, we have scoured the web and Cleveland, so you don’t have to.
In our research, we found that Real Food Cle ranks at the top of the list for the best overall meals delivered in Cleveland. Six other companies made our runners up, including Partake Kitchen, which was named the Best for Dietary Considerations, and Sprinly, which we nominated for the Best Vegan Service.
Best Meal Delivery Services in Cleveland
Real Food Cle focuses on real food made for real people. They make ready-to-eat, organic plant-based entrees that can be delivered directly to your doorstep.
A few of their dishes include a Mexi-Cauli Bowl, Superfood Power Salad, and the Mac Daddy Bowl, which is a Big Mac in a bowl (no bun). Some key benefits of Real Food Cle include:
- Order a la carte or through meal packs
- Choose breakfast, entree, snack, deli, meal prep, superfood smoothie, and dessert options
- Never any GMOs, gluten, dairy, or processed soy
- The menu changes seasonally and weekly using as much local produce as possible
- Nutrition labels on every item
- Meal packs start at $114.60 for 10 dishes
Partake Kitchen is a heat and enjoy gourmet meal prep service. Currently, they don’t deliver and are pick up only, but they hope to be expanding to local delivery soon.
Partake Kitchen also runs a little bit differently than other services in that you order once a week but pick up twice per week. This is to ensure that the dishes you are eating are the absolute freshest they can be.
Regardless, they have some great prepared options to choose from, such as Cream Cheese Stuffed Salmon, Roasted Cauliflower Fettuccine Alfredo, and Chicken Parmesan. Other benefits of Partake Kitchen include:
- Auto-immune protocol options that are also free of gluten, dairy, sugar, eggs, nuts, beans, lectin, and nightshades which means they double as paleo and Whole30 friendly
- Over 200 rotating recipes
- No minimums to order or subscriptions
- Scratch-made by chefs using as many local ingredients as possible
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, side, soup, dessert, and kid’s selections are available
- Prices vary but are typically around $12.00
Prep Slutz is out to make meal prep sexy. It is run by a collegiate athlete turned personal trainer and a mental health therapist who realized the key to physical fitness goals was through food.
Their menu items include Honey Sesame Grilled Salmon, Loaded Tex Mex BBQ Sweet Potato, and Creamy Cilantro Shrimp Taco Bowl. Some great benefits to Prep Slutz include:
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack options
- Subscribe and save programs
- Ready to enjoy in 2-3 minutes
- GF and dairy-free
- Generous portions
- Three meal combo for $41.97
Fitrition Meals is a local Cleveland meal prep company run by award-winning chef Geoff Thomas. He has brought the flavor with dishes like Chicken Cacciatore, Cajun White Fish, and Bruschetta Chicken. Great benefits to Prepped for Life include:
- Locally sourced ingredients
- Meals delivered every week on Saturday
- Perfectly portioned
- GF and vegan options
- There’s nutrition information on every meal
- Prices vary
Vegan Cleveland Meal Delivery
Sprinly offers organic plant-based meals that are shipped fresh to your door. They make eating healthy easy. Some of their delicious menu items include Amalfi Lentil Bolognese Pasta, Sesame-Crusted Tofu, and Mediterranean Veggie Kofta Crumble. Other great benefits of Sprinly include:
- 100% plant-based and vegan
- Nutritionist and doctor-approved, chef-prepared menu changes weekly
- No artificial preservatives, refined sugar, or gluten
- Ready to eat, healthy, and never frozen
- Various meal plans get delivered weekly
- As low as $16.06 per serving, depending on the plan you choose
Plant Perfection Foods
Plant Perfection Foods brings healthy meals with no animal products to your doorstep. A few of their selections include Dixieland Fusion Black Eyed Peas and Collard Greens, Fusilli Salsa Ricca, and Mellow Yellow Saffron Rice and Beans. A few key benefits to Plant Perfection Foods include:
- Free of GMOs, nuts, soy, added oils, and salt, added sugar, gluten, and commercial meat substitutes
- Vacuum packed and quick frozen for lasting freshness
- Order a la carte or through preset bundle packs
- Mostly organic ingredients
- BPA free packaging for easy reheating
- Most a la carte meals range between $9-$11
Meal Delivery Cleveland Buyers Guide
With several options comes indecisiveness. However, considering these aspects can help you choose the delivery services in Cleveland that works best for you.
Do you enjoy a plant-based diet or have certain ingredients that you can’t have? You should look at how well your Cleveland meal delivery service can accommodate your needs. Partake Kitchen does an excellent job of considering dietary needs.
There are two ways to keep freshness in the meal delivery world. You can either freeze meals or refrigerate them. Frozen meals keep longer but take longer to heat up. Refrigerated meals are quick to reheat but do not keep in the fridge as long. Either way, you can ensure your food is fresh.
We all lead different lives, which means that we each need a meal service that will cater to our specific needs. Customization is vital in food prep services so that you can accommodate your needs.
Each of the companies on this list has a customization option, but always check that out before selecting a service.
Pricing is essential because everything has to fit within a budget. Many services are often more affordable than other food delivery like takeout and are actually a great value. Additionally, there are always ways to reduce costs, whether by ordering more meals or even ordering fewer meals.
Get Healthy Food Delivered in Cleveland
Cleveland residents may be on the go, but that doesn’t mean they can’t eat healthily. Meal delivery is a great alternative to traditional food delivery. Get started on your first week and order now through one of these Cleveland meal delivery services.