Denver is an adventurous city that is always on the go. Though there are some amazing restaurants in Denver, meal delivery services are an alternative option to take out. They are affordable, healthy, and perfect for busybodies. We have researched the best meal delivery companies in Denver for your convenience.
When perusing the options, we scrutinized important elements such as cost, taste, freshness, quality, and nutrition. With these in mind, we have crowned Peak Fitness meals the best meal delivery service in the Denver area for its attention to dietary preferences, options, and reasonable prices.
Eight other meal delivery companies met our strict requirements. If you are looking for a healthy, affordable alternative to eating out while on the go in Denver, consider any one of these great companies.
BEST DENVER MEAL DELIVERY SERVICE
Peak Fitness wins our best overall title in Denver for its commitment to dietary preferences and locally sourced ingredients. Here are some key benefits to Peak Fitness meals:
- Multiple prepared menu choices catered to a classic, keto, paleo, or clean diet
- Weekly delivery for freshness
- All menu selections are low in sodium
- Clean ingredients, gluten-free choices, and exclusions for allergies
- Though delivered preservative-free, you can freeze extra meals to make them last longer
- Prices start at $65 per week
BEST PALEO MEAL DELIVERY
Caveman Chefs wins our title for best Paleo meal delivery in Denver because paleo is their entire main focus, and they have surely succeeded. Some benefits of Caveman Chefs are:
- Choose entree packs, a la carte, weekly subscriptions, or even add extras
- Selections to fit Paleo, Autoimmune Protocol, and Keto diets
- Weekly delivery
- Different meals sizes ranging from large to family of 5
- Local, organic, and seasonal veggies; grass-fed beef; antibiotic and hormone-free chicken and pork
- Meals start at $13.75 per serving
Easy Entrees by Silver Spoons
Easy Entrees is a new take on meal kits offering two options and a side that serves four three times per week for delivery. Here are some key benefits:
- Pre-prepped ingredients, ready in about 20 minutes
- Gluten-free selections
- Entrees come frozen so they can be thrown into the freezer for later enjoyment
- $12-17 for two servings
PreFare offers gourmet meal kits that are designed and prepped by professional chefs. Some key benefits are:
- Flexible ordering including traditional subscriptions, a la carte ordering, multiple serving ordering for gatherings
- 14 choices a week with keto, seasonal, Instant Pot, and salad options
- Minimal waste and recyclable packaging
- Donates leftover food to local food shelters
- Starts at $11 per serving
Sparrow Kitchen uses its online assessment to customize plans for you based on your taste and dietary restrictions. Some of their benefits include:
- Customized plans for your preferences and budget
- Fully-prepared breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections
- Choose a plan or a la carte
- Seasonal and fresh ingredients
- Starting at $9 per serving
SupperBell brings your family around the dinner table again with their prepared meals curated by a team of culinary experts. They focus on sourcing local and organically sourced ingredients. Some other benefits of Supper Bell include:
- Deliveries are done the same day they are prepared
- Compostable or recyclable packaging
- Option for kid’s meals, single servings, and family meals
- Meals reheated in under 12 minutes in an oven
- Soups and salads start around $5, while entrees start just over $11
Best Nationwide Meal Delivery with Service to Denver
Green Chef is a meal kit company that focuses on easy-to-follow recipes for every healthy lifestyle. They stand out due to their diverse, flavorful menus. Some great benefits of Green Chef include:
- USDA certified organic company
- Sustainably sourced ingredients
- Keto, Paleo, Balanced Living, and Plant-Powered plans
- Restaurant worthy meals with bold flavors
- Starts at $11.99 per serving
Gobble is a delivery service that states their meals can be made in 15 minutes or less because their staff chops and prepares all the ingredients for you. Recipes focus on dishes that can be made in one pan or skillet. Other key benefits include:
- Low-carb, veggie, and Gluten or dairy-free menu selection
- Classic kit or lean and clean kit (low carb, low calorie)
- Plans for 2-4 people with your choice of a number of meals per week
- A chef does all the preparation of ingredients for you
- Prices start at $11.95 per person
Denver Meal Delivery Buying Guide
Though there are a lot of great companies that deliver meals in Denver, it is essential to find the right one for you. We have created a buying guide to help you through.
Prepared Meals vs. Meal Kit
Prepared meals are pre-cooked for you by professionals and then shipped to your doorstep. You simply just have to reheat prepared meals, usually in an oven or a microwave. Meal kits provide ingredients and a recipe delivered for you to cook yourself.
If you are on the go or want to refrain from cooking, prepared meals are the way to go, whereas, if you still want the joy of cooking but don’t want to go to the grocery store or come up with new recipes, kits are better.
Caveman Chefs, Supper Bell, Sparrow Kitchen, Fresh N Lean, and Peak Fitness are options for meal prep delivery services in the greater Denver area. Easy Entrees, PreFare, Green Chef, and Gobble are meal kit services.
Prepared vs. Whole Ingredient Meal Kits
Above, we introduced two different types of meal kits– those that have pre-prepped ingredients and those that are pre-measured whole ingredients.
Whole ingredient kits are pre-measured, but you still have to wash, peel, and chop all of the produce and handle any preparation of the meat.
With prepared kits, the ingredients still come to you pre-measured but also already prepared, meaning the veggies and meat are ready to go.
Prepared kits save a lot of prep time so it is something to consider when shopping around. Check out PreFare for a prepared kit!
Dietary and Nutrition Considerations
Dietary needs and nutrition preferences can make or break a meal delivery service. Always ensure that you take a look at what each company can provide so that it is a good fit.
Peak Fitness, Caveman Chefs, and Sparrow Kitchen are the go-to’s for people who have dietary and nutrition concerns that are high on the priority list.
Cost and Customization
Customization, cost, and level of commitment vary with each Denver meal service.
Customization caters to your lifestyle. Each company offers some level of customization options on their website, but Sparrow Kitchen shines for its online assessment that curates a personalized meal plan.
Meal delivery services offer convenience and restaurant-worthy meals, and sometimes that can come at a cost. Don’t worry though, many of the services we highlighted above are still less expensive than eating out.
Additionally, check with individual companies to see if you can save by ordering fewer meals or bundle them. Oftentimes, there is always a way to fit it into your budget.
Menu Selection & Flavors
The menu is the most important thing when it comes to a restaurant, but also when it comes to choosing meals to enjoy in your own home. Everyone has different tastes, so double-check that the flavors and dishes on the menu sound appealing to you before committing.
All of these companies offer wonderful meals in Denver, but our clear overall winner for the top local company is Peak Fitness for its attention to nutrition, clean ingredients, and options for special dietary needs.
Our selection for the best Paleo delivery service in Denver is Caveman Chefs. Their focus on Paleo specifically and great menu selections.
Finally, our winner for the best customization is Sparrow Kitchen because of its online assessment that gives you a custom meal plan.
With so many great meal delivery companies, we’re sure you’ll find one you love.