Kansas City has many food delivery options for those on the go. Much of the food delivery is takeout from the local restaurants, which can be delicious and convenient; however, it can get expensive and not so great for your waistline.
Meal delivery is a great alternative to restaurant food delivery as it is healthier, affordable, just as convenient, and provides you with meals for the whole week instead of just a day. When looking for a meal delivery service, it is vital to analyze the nutrition, cost, freshness, menu, and customization.
With this in mind, we have researched for you and have found the best meal delivery in Kansas City, MO. We have crowned Chef Kansas City out of these companies for their variety, locally sourced ingredients, and affordability. However, we have found seven other runner-ups that have met our strict standards.
Chef Kansas City offers fresh and healthy chef-prepared meals delivered. A few of their dinner selections include Turkey Dinner with all of the fixings, Enchiladas, and Chicken Strips with Mac. Some key benefits of Chef Kansas City include:
- A la carte menu with breakfast, lunch, dinner, and side options
- Choose various protein options for every meal, including vegetarian selections
- Menus change weekly
- Locally sourced ingredients
- Meals are ready in minutes
- Dinner portions start at $10 each
Healthy Meals focuses on customized prepared meals delivered directly to you. Their sample menu selections include Honey Soy Cod, Fennel, Chile Rubbed Filet Mignon, and Brushett Chicken. Here are some great benefits to Healthy Meals:
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and family options
- Your meals are based on your goals and needs by filling out a health questionnaire
- Meals include locally grown and organic ingredients where possible
- Frequently changing meals with lighter cooking that doesn’t include processed or artificial ingredients, while minimizing excess trans-fat and empty calories
- Accommodating to diets such as vegan, vegetarian, pescatarian, diabetic, lactose intolerant, paleo, gluten-free, and even HCG
- Prices vary depending on the plan, but you can try Healthy Meals for one week free
Whole Harvest is a whole food plant-based meal delivery service. A few of their healthy plant-based meals include BBQ Jackfruit, General Tso’s Vegetables with Sesame Chickpeas, and Garam Masala Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions. Other key benefits of Whole Harvest include:
- All meals are dairy-free, soy-free, gluten-free, and vegan friendly
- New menu selections every two weeks
- A variety of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
- Delivered fresh and ready in just minutes
- Every meal is under 500 calories
- As low as $69.95 per week (includes 7 meals)
99 Protein brings professional restaurant-quality meals to your doorstep. All of their meals are made from scratch and include things like Rosemary Salisbury Steak, Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya, and Southwest Turkey Chili. A few key benefits of 99 Protein include:
- Over 25 new menu selections every week
- Order through a weekly meal plan for a discount or a la carte to fit your needs
- Fresh, not frozen professionally packaged prepared meals
- Order extras like prepared food in bulk or Kombucha
- Pre-portioned in microwave safe and recyclable containers
- Lunch or dinner entrees start at $8.79 per serving
Eat to Evolve
Eat to Evolve is a meal delivery service bringing fresh chef-prepared meals to your home. Their menu includes dishes like Steak Pho, Brisket Mac and Cheese, and Parmesan Pesto Turkey Bowl. Eat to Evolve has some great benefits such as:
- Choose from four lifestyle options- Keto, Paleo, Evolve 30, and Primal
- Order entrees, pantry items, breakfast, grab and go meals, and snacks
- Meals can be heated in the microwave, on the stove, or in the oven
- Meal plans that you can customize to your needs or order a la carte
- Allergens and macronutrient information on every dish
- Entrees start just over $10 with discounts if ordered as a meal plan
Fuel Cafe is bringing delicious back to healthy meal prep delivery. A few of their meals include Beef and Dirty Rice, Chimichurri Fajitas Bowl, and Thai Chicken Curry. Other key benefits include:
- Breakfast, entree, and snack options
- Multiple gluten-free selections
- All meals 600 calories or less
- Wide variety of choices, so you don’t get bored
- Common allergens listed on each meal
- Entrees start at $8.25 each
More Than a Meal
More Than a Meal is a meal kit delivery service designed to be made in a slow cooker or pressure cooker. A few of their meal kits include Cool Ranch Chicken Tacos, Salsa Verde Chicken, and Beef Teriyaki with Broccoli and Pineapple. Other key benefits of More than a Meal includes:
- Fresh, raw ingredients
- Up to four servings per meal kit
- Low prep time
- They donate 5% of every order to their Give Back Partners
- Great to give as a gift to those in need
- One meal package starts at $40.00
With any meal delivery service, you have to make sure it is right for you. Here are some factors to consider in your choice.
Everyone has different dietary needs when it comes to food. Whether you are gluten-free, dairy-free, or just enjoy eating healthy, you always want to make sure that the meal delivery you choose caters to your dietary needs.
Meal prep doesn’t help much if you don’t like what is on the menu, so take a look at the menu before you order. Many times the menu changes weekly, so you might even consider looking at their menu for a few weeks before you order to ensure that they consistently have options you like.
Just like everyone has different tastes and dietary considerations, everyone lives a different life. This means that your meal prep delivery should be customizable to cater to that. You may not need ten meals a week, or you may need more than ten.
With anything, it has to fit into a budget. Meal delivery is no different. Always look at the price and make sure that it fits into your budget. Luckily, there are a lot of affordable options at various price points.
If you are ready to eat healthily but are tired of your own meal prep, consider having someone else do the meal prep for you. Meal delivery services are a way to simply select from a menu, heat, and then eat. Each of these companies is a great way to get healthy meals delivered in Kansas City.
Does Freshly deliver to Kansas City?
Yes, Freshly does deliver to Kansas City.