Meal delivery services are the perfect alternative to grocery shopping, cooking, and eating out. You get nutritious meals that taste great delivered to your doorstep, so you don’t have to worry about dinner plans ever again.
In San Jose, CA, there are many meal delivery companies, but to find the best, there are several factors to consider, such as quality, freshness, taste, customization, and cost. Doing the research and selecting the best company for your situation can be overwhelming. That is why we have done the research to find the best meal delivery companies in San Jose and created a guide to make choosing the right one easier.
Based on our criteria, we have named Prep Boys the overall best meal delivery service in San Jose for their attention to high-quality ingredients, nutrition, ordering options, and dietary considerations.
Seven additional companies passed our strict expectations, including our two runners-up, Tony’s To Go, the best for families, and Fit Body Meals, the best for customization.
Let’s go over the best meal delivery services in San Jose and a few things to think about when selecting the perfect match for you.
Prep Boys is delivering delicious, prepared, and healthy meal options to the Bay Area. Their selections include Chimichurri Steak Bites with Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower, Creamy Mushroom Sauce Chicken Pasta, and Hawaiian Truck Style Shrimp. There are some great benefits of Prep Boys, such as:
- Order monthly subscriptions, meal packs, prepared bulk foods, or individual meals
- Breakfast, keto, and vegan selections
- Transparent calorie and macronutrient information on each meal
- Fresh local ingredients
- New entrees to choose from each week
- Individual entrees start at $10.99
Tony’s To Go offers chef-prepared meals delivered to your door. Some of their tasty meals include Chicken Chile Verde, Broccoli Mac n’ Cheese Quinoa Gratin, and Tony’s Style Shepherd’s Pie.
- Entree, side, snack, dessert, soup, and drink selections
- Order their prepared meals, pantry staples, or a culinary activity kit for the night’s you want to cook
- Menu changes weekly
- Family-friendly with four servings in every prepared meal
- Simple reheating or cooking instructions depending on the type of dish you choose
- Options vary in price but start around $30.00
Fit Body Meals is a meal prep service with the option for delivery. With Fit Body Meals, you select which proteins, veggies, and carbs you want from their list of options.
Create dishes like Salmon with Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans or Steak paired with Brown Rice and Carrots. Other benefits to Fit Body Meals include:
- Order extras like sauces, snack boxes, and breakfasts
- Add fats and extra carbs if you want
- Choose between 4, 6, or 8 ounces of protein
- Variety of vegetarian selections
- Ordered once a week but are split up and delivered twice weekly for freshness.
- The Core Menu starts at $9.50 per serving
Green Bites Cafe is a local San Jose restaurant, but they specialize in meal prep delivery. There are a few fan-favorites on their list of delicious dishes, such as Spicy Lemon Garlic Tilapia, Chipotle Meatballs, and their Special Burger with Eggplant. Some of the benefits of Green Bites Cafe include:
- Vegetarian, keto, fit, special, and house meal plan options
- Entrees come in freezable, microwave safe, reusable containers
- Get specialized options for your lifestyle
- Customize the number of meals, portions, and selections such as white or brown rice
- Fit Plan contains no oil, added salt or sugar, breadcrumbs or grain fillers, or soy
- Entrees start at $7.50 per serving
Lean Feat is a franchise company with two locations serving San Jose. They provide convenient, ready-to-heat & eat dishes to reach your nutrition goals. Customize your own by choosing a protein, vegetable, and carb from their multitude of options. Other benefits of Lean Feast include:
- Locally sourced ingredients
- Choices that fit any diet, including vegetarian or vegan
- Choose your portion sizes
- Most dishes are gluten-free, and only a handful contain nuts
- Vegetables are kept raw to cook in the reheating process for maximum freshness and nutrition
- Customized pricing ranges from $7.99-$13.99
Aspire Meal Prep
Aspire Meal Prep delivers chef-choice meals directly to you. Simply fill out their easy questionnaire, and they will curate a menu fit for your needs. Benefits to Aspire include:
- Hundreds of recipes rotating weekly
- Designed and prepared by a chef who is a professional nutritionist
- Ingredients sourced from local farmer’s markets with organic all-natural chicken, USDA choice prime Angus beef, and fresh wild-caught seafood
- Keto, high carb, and bulk accommodations
- Entrees are chosen for you in accordance with your age, height, weight, and food allergies
- Packages start at $95, which includes 5 chicken dishes and 5 with a mix of salmon, steak, and shrimp
Fit Food Cuisine
- Add double portions of protein
- Get breakfast or entrees
- High-quality ingredients with Angus beef, organic chicken, wild fish, and non-GMO vegetables
- Menus changes each week
- Gluten-free selections
- Entrees start at $10.75 each for the standard 5 ounces of protein
Muscle Maker Grill
Muscle Maker Grill is a San Jose restaurant that also offers delivery. Get delicious dishes delivered to your door, such as Cajun Steak and Penne, Teriyaki Stir Fry Bowl, or Turkey Taco Salad. There are some great benefits to Muscle Maker Grill, such as:
- Keto, vegan, paleo, low carb, and gluten-free selections
- High-quality organic ingredients like grass-fed steak and all-natural chicken
- Healthy takes on classics you love
- Restaurant quality dishes at home
- Contact Muscle Maker Grill for pricing
San Jose Meal Delivery Service Buyers Guide
With more than a few options, here are some things to consider to choose the best service for you.
We all lead different lives, so customization is important. Choose a company that offers a level of customization that you are comfortable with. For maximum customization options, go with Lean Feast or Fit Body Meals where you can choose everything that goes into your dish.
Others on this list have customization options as well, so if you want them to design your dishes but still want some say, you may consider the other companies.
Budgets are a daily part of everything we do. Getting your breakfast, lunch, or dinner delivered is an affordable way to get great food. Most of the companies on this list are less expensive than going out to eat, and many of them offer discounts for combo packages. You are sure to find one that fits your budget, no matter how tight that budget may be.
If you are looking to skip the grocery store altogether, go with a company that offers breakfasts, snacks, and other extras. Though many of the companies we have mentioned have some extras, Tony’s To Go even offers pantry staples! Take a look at what each company offers and decide which would be the most convenient for you.
Eating healthy is more than just getting meals with many nutrients made with fresh ingredients. You have to have variety too so that you can stick with it. Always ensure that the company you choose has a rotating menu with enough choices that you will enjoy eating, so you don’t get bored and off track.