Dallas is a city that is busy and on the go. Though Dallas has plenty of amazing restaurants, meal delivery services are an affordable alternative that is better for your health. We have researched the companies that deliver delicious meals in Dallas to give you an overview of the best.
When looking at various options, we scrutinized essential factors such as nutrition, taste, cost, and quality. With these in mind, we have crowned Front Porch Pantry the best meal delivery service in Dallas for its attention to quality ingredients, nutrition, and tasty comfort options.
Six other meal delivery companies met our strict requirements. If you are looking for an affordable, healthy alternative to dining out in Dallas, consider these options.
Front Porch Pantry brings healthy home-cooked meals that taste great right to your doorstep. Some of their menu items include Sweet Mama’s Turkey Dinner, Italian Chicken Francese, and Kentucky Bourbon BBQ. Other key benefits of Front Porch Pantry are:
- Local fresh ingredients that are antibiotic-free and all-natural
- Generous portions of breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections
- Recyclable packaging
- Low-fat, low-sodium, gluten-free, high protein, and low-carb options are available
- Weekly menu changes of made from scratch meals that you simply heat
- Entree options start at $9.99 per meal
Map Meals is out to make nutrition easier by delivering healthy prepared meals that will fit your diet. They offer nutrient-dense options such as Garden Roasted Chicken Orzo, Spicy Asain BBQ, and Salmon Roma. Some other benefits of Map Meals include:
- Burn fat, maintain, build muscle, and family meal plans, each with different macronutrients
- By the pound option to build your own portions
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner selections
- Free contactless delivery
- Dallas owned sourced and prepared
- Individual portions as low as $6.99 each
Evolved Meals is a plant-based prepared meal delivery service trying to change the way we fuel our bodies on the go. Their menu is custom to your needs based on a consultation. Other important benefits of Evolved Meals include:
- Free of added oils, gluten, chemicals, or refined sugars
- All dishes are vegan, including breakfast, lunch, and dinner options
- Focus on sourcing local or growing their own ingredients
- Rotating snacks available to add to your plan
- Three different levels depending on how many meals and how much customization you would like
- Starting at $145 per week
Pro Meals is bringing Dallas calorie-counted chef-inspired ready to eat meat meals. A few of their offerings include BBQ Shrimp, Firecracker Chicken, and Cheese Stuffed Ravioli. Other benefits of Pro Meals include:
- Signature, Custom, Keto, and Plant-Based meals available
- Proteins and sides available by the pound for a family-style option
- All a la carte system so you choose the meals you want when you want
- 90% lean proteins or greater
- Meals starting at $7.50 per meal
Prep Kitchen delivers meal prep to your door to give you more time to do the things you love. Chicken Fried Rice, Korean BBQ Beef Bowl, and Chimichurri Steak are some of their chef-inspired favorites. Some additional key benefits include:
- Build your own meal prep option
- Select chef-inspired meals or breakfasts that are already curated for you
- Focus on fresh seasonal vegetables and responsibly sourced ingredients for the highest quality
- Proteins naturally raised and sustainably sourced, without hormones and antibiotics
- Every meal has detailed nutrition and ingredients
- Prepared meals start at $7.99
Caleb’s Meal Prep
Caleb’s Meal Prep offers delicious meals in a package format. Some of the offerings include Cauliflower Mac N Cheese, Three Meat Honey BBQ Cabbage Wrap, and Tomato Penne Pasta. Key benefits of Caleb’s Meal Prep includes:
- Various packages depending on how many meals you need
- Snack pack option for in between meals
- Lean Green plan which has a protein and a vegetable perfect for low carb or low-calorie diets
- Local Dallas owned company
- Standard packages starting at $75.00 for five meals
Dallas Meal Delivery Buying Guide
Picking the right meal service for you can be intimidating, but don’t worry, we have made it simple with this quick guide to selecting Dallas meal delivery services.
Dietary and Nutrition Considerations
If you follow a specific diet or have sensitivities to certain ingredients, you should always check to ensure that your Dallas meal prep company offers selections that you can eat and that meet your nutritional needs.
If you are gluten-free, on the keto diet, or have any other preferences, be sure to take that into consideration. Map Meals is a great example of a healthy meal delivery service in the Dallas area.
Customization, Cost, & Commitment
Customization, cost, and level of commitment vary with each Dallas meal service.
Many of these Dallas delivery services offer customization options, whether it be the number of meals or the entire meal itself. Deciding how important customization is to you is another essential factor in choosing a company. For instance, with Prep Kitchen, you can build your own meals entirely. Start with grilled chicken breast and add some veggies or go with some of their other tasty recipes. The choice is yours.
Dallas meal delivery services can get expensive because of the high-quality ingredients, logistics, and packaging. Still, many of these options are available for less than you would spend on takeout from a restaurant. Additionally, several companies allow you to save by either bundling meals or ordering them a la carte.
Some delivery services have auto-renewing plans, so be sure to look at their policies if you need to cancel or take a break. You can also go with an a la carte company that doesn’t have set plans if you don’t want to worry about it.
Menu selections are one of the most important considerations as everyone has different tastes. Ensure that there is enough variety to keep you interested otherwise, you might just be wasting your time.
Dallas meal delivery services offer affordable meals that you don’t have to cook yourself. Have your dinner delivered and save the hassle of grocery shopping, prepping, and cooking. Each of these companies offers delicious meals delivered directly to your door, and they’re all healthy! Happy eating!