St. Louis boasts an amazing restaurant scene that residents fully enjoy. However, restaurants can get expensive and sometimes aren’t the healthiest option. Having meals delivered is a great alternative to takeout as they are affordable and provide healthy meals right at your doorstep. There are many options when it comes to healthy eating, but meal delivery makes it easy.
When looking for a meal prep delivery service in St. Louis, it is important to look at quality, freshness, menus, taste, and ingredients. We have done the research for you and have found the best delivery services with healthy ingredients and great taste.
Sare Food came in at our top spot for their variety of local chef menus and attention to dietary considerations. However, four other services have met our strict expectations, so let’s take a look at what each of these companies has to offer.
Sare Food is taking a different approach to meals delivered in St. Louis. They are delivering prepared meals made by local chefs to your doorstep. Each chef has their own menu to choose from with dishes such as Seafood Cannelloni, Cajun Chicken Pasta, and Goat Biryani. Other benefits to Sare Food include:
- Multiple types of cuisine options, including international options
- Keto, low-carb, diabetic-friendly, vegetarian, protein-rich, vegan, organic, and halal selections
- Order extras like bread, desserts, soups, sides, and salads
- Choose your delivery date depending on the Chef you select
- Meals delivered refrigerated or frozen depending on the item
- Prices vary depending on the menu, but meals average between $10-$15
Pure Plates make eating healthy easy with prepared meal delivery. A few of their delicious meals include Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken, Turkey, and Spinach Lasagna, and Street Pork Tacos.
- Four plans- ketogenic, diabetic, 5-day revive, and fresh start 30 or order a la carte
- Organically sourced farm-fresh produce and sustainably sourced seafood
- No GMOs, added sugars, or processed oils
- 100% gluten-free, soy-free, low sodium, low glycemic, and under 600 calorie menu
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, drinks, bulk items, and vegetarian dishes are available
- Prices vary depending on the meal but start around $7.99
Time for Dinner is not a traditional delivery service but is a great way to get healthy dinners delivered to your door. A few of their prepared meals include Big Easy Bistro Steak, Beef, Andouille Burgers, and Chipotle Chicken Thighs. Some benefits to Time for Dinner include:
- Can pick up anytime without preordering or preorder and have your order shipped
- Menu changes monthly with multiple options
- All nutrition information is given on each meal
- Meals come with six servings each
- Order extras like desserts, side dishes, and bread
- Pricing starts at $116 for four meals plus shipping
Fit Flavors knows you’re busy, so they have done the cooking for you. Skip the grocery store and order Fit Flavors instead. Their menu items include Chimichurri Steak and Mashed Potatoes, Sesame Garlic Shrimp, and Mediterranean Chicken Pasta. Other benefits to Fit Flavors include:
- Options for anti-inflammatory, dairy-free, gluten-free, keto, low carb, nut-free, paleo, vegan, and vegetarian diets
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, and bulk selections
- Order a la carte from 60 seasonally rotating items
- Antibiotic and hormone-free proteins
- Locally sourced ingredients when possible
- Entrees start at around $8.49
Bombay Tiffin Club
Bombay Tiffin Club is a great way to skip your meal planning by having your meal prep delivered to your door. A few of their menu items include Mushroom and Leek Risotto, Chana Masala, and Tofu Curried Noodles. There are some great benefits of Bombay Tiffin Club, such as:
- Completely plant-based menu with a focus on international cuisine
- Menu changes weekly
- Two portion sizes
- Locally-sourced produce
- Two meal plans to choose from and a subscription option
- Prices vary but start around $8 per meal
Buying Guide for Meal Delivery in St. Louis
With more than one option, choosing the best one for you can be difficult. Here are some things you should consider before making your selection.
Meal Plans vs. A La Carte
There are typically two different ways to order when it comes to meal delivery services. The first way is through their meal plans. Meal plans are often set up to be either by diet or by the number of meals. This can be a great option if you are following a diet or if you know you need a certain amount of meals per week.
The other option is a la carte, where you order as many or as little of any of their meals individually. This is a great option for those that want more customization. Either way, decide which one you prefer and make sure that the company you choose offers it.
We all have different needs from our diet. Whether you need high protein or clean ingredients like grass-fed beef, it is important that the delivery service you select offers a wide range of accommodations to various dietary needs. Pure Plates, Sare Food, and Fit Flavors all do a wonderful job at this.
Keep in mind whether you need healthy meals for just one person or for the whole family and how much they typically eat. Most companies individually portion their meals; however, some offer flexibility in the portion sizes themselves and the number of servings in a meal.
For instance, Time for Dinner is excellent for families because they have six servings in each meal, while Bombay Tiffin Club is great for those who have a hearty appetite because they offer a larger portion size.
When you are trying to eat healthily, it is vital for nutrition information to be readily available. If seeing how many calories are in each meal is important to you, ensure that the company you choose is transparent about their nutrition information for each dish.