Eating healthy or on the go gets complicated. You either have to find time to cook every night or find takeout meals that meet your needs. Meal delivery in Tuscon provides an affordable, easy, and tasty alternative to eating out and cooking each night. With delicious meals delivered to your doorstep, you can skip grocery shopping and the takeout menu and still eat healthily.
There are several meal delivery companies in Tucson, AZ, but to find the best, you have to look at factors such as quality of ingredients, taste, freshness, pricing, customization, and nutrition. With these in mind, we have done the research for you.
AZ Fit Kitchen tops our list for their attention to variety, portion size selections, taste, and dietary considerations. Five other companies have met our strict expectations, including our two runners-up, Dream Dinners, the best for families, and The Tasteful Kitchen, the best for plant-based diets.
Get fully prepared meals delivered to your door with AZ Fit Kitchen. They aim to prepare you for success in reaching your health goals. Their delicious, fresh food is perfect, especially for lunch, when you need a bit more energy to get through the day.
Some of the nutritious meals on their menu include Pan-Seared Cod with Broccoli Crunch, Pollo Asada with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice, and Teriyaki Tofu Meatballs with Wild Rice.
- Breakfast, entree, snack, and juice options
- Order a la carte, with subscriptions, or prepped ingredients in bulk
- Two portion sizes- regular and large
- Keto and plant-based menu selections
- Menu changes weekly
- A la carte entrees start at $9
Dream Dinners makes it easy to get dinner on the table by delivering meals ready to thaw and cook right to your door. Who doesn’t want this convenience for feeding their family after a long week?
A few of their menu selections include Crunchy Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders, Southwest Pulled Pork with Confetti Cornbread, and Louisiana Shrimp Po Boy Sandwiches. There are some great benefits to Dream Dinners, such as:
- Medium and large portions
- Kid-friendly and seasonal recipes
- Monthly rotating menus
- Easy cooking instructions with most taking less than 30 minutes
- Medium meals start at $14.50
The Tasteful Kitchen is a 100% plant-based weekly food preparation service in Tucson specializing in heat and eat meals that make you feel great.
A few of their entrees include Miso Eggplant with Jasmine Rice and Baby Bok Choy, Pad Thai with Shredded Mixed Vegetables, Broccoli and Cauliflower, and Butternut and Black Bean Chili Quinoa Bowl. Other benefits of The Tasteful Kitchen include:
- A focus on locally grown, organic produce
- Meals contain no artificial flavors, colors, preservatives, GMOs, sweeteners, or hydrogenated fats
- Weekly rotating menu with gluten-free selections
- Entree, salad, soup, dessert, and extra options
- Order a la carte, weekly meal service, or combo meals
- A la carte entrees cost $12 each
Stay Naked Kitchen delivers chef-prepared meals to your doorstep. They have some delicious dishes on their menus, such as Jerk Pulled Pork, Shrimp Pesto, and Alabama BBQ Chicken. Benefits of Stay Naked Kitchen includes:
- Add on extras like snacks and prepared bulk ingredients
- Order from their chef-inspired creations or build your own meals
- Locally sourced, organic ingredients
- Meal packaging is compostable, biodegradable, and recyclable
- New meals are released every 2-3 weeks
- Pricing ranges from $7.49-$11.99
Chefs for Seniors
Chefs for Seniors is a personal chef service that provides meals tailored to the needs and palates of seniors.
Some meals include Beef Tenderloin with Chimichurri Sauce, Roasted Veggie Couscous, and Thai Coconut Shrimp. Delicious and healthy nutrition for seniors couldn’t be easier.
- Selections to meet dietary considerations like renal friendly, keto, low sodium, diabetic, gluten-free, soft foods, vegetarian, and kosher
- Custom meals available
- Meals are prepared in your own kitchen
- Chefs can prepare meals twice a week, once weekly, or every two weeks
- Though designed for seniors, all ages can use Chefs for Seniors
- The Standard Package starts at $100 for 10-12 servings of meals
Chef Chic is a cafe in Tucson that offers prepared meal delivery. Their menus are custom to you, but some examples you can expect include Lemon Artichoke Chicken with Butternut Squash Hash, Creamy Garlic Dill Salmon with Pancetta Brussel Sprouts and Pot Roast with Cauliflower Carrot Puree. Great benefits of Chef Chic include:
- Over 600 recipes to prevent repetition
- Fully customized to fit your dietary needs
- The menu is approved by you before it is prepared
- Get dinner only packages or ones with lunches and breakfasts as well
- Only fresh ingredients are used in the preparation
- Plans start at $175 plus the market price of groceries which includes 6 total dinner portions of 3 entrees
Buyer’s Guide for Meal Delivery in Tucson
With more than a few options, here are some things to consider to choose the best service for you.
We all lead different lives, which means that we all need different things when it comes to home delivery of meals. Look for companies with a wide range of customization options.
Chef Chic and Stay Naked Kitchen are great for customization because they allow you to build your own meals. Each of the other companies on this list has some level of customization, so just ensure that they have a level of customization you are comfortable with.
With varying diets, nutrition means something different to everyone. Look for companies that will cater to your nutritional needs, such as extra protein, vegetarian, or low carb.
Natural ingredients are important to a lot of people. Always check to ensure that the company you go with uses ingredients that are up to your standards. This is especially important if you eat clean.
Eat Healthier with Meal Prep in Tucson, AZ
Get nutritionally balanced meals delivered to your doorstep in Tucson with these meal prep companies. You’ll have healthy meals ready in minutes without a trip to the grocery store. Skip the prep work and have more time every day with Tucson meal delivery.