Sacramento, CA has a creative and inspiring culinary scene with some great restaurants. When you are on the go, it can be easy to get takeout from a different place every night. However, it gets expensive and is not the healthiest option.
Meal delivery is a fantastic alternative to eating out while on the go. By getting your meals delivered every week, you no longer have to cook every night or spend the money on takeout. It’s much healthier, too!
When looking for meal delivery companies in Sacramento, there are plenty of options, but a few things to keep in mind to find the best. You should always consider freshness, cost, taste, and customization.
With these in mind, we have done the research for you. Fit Kitchen tops our list for its attention to quality unique ingredients, portion options, and natural flavors.
Five other companies have met our strict requirements with two of them coming in as our runner ups including Fit Eats, the best for customization, and Kimberley’s Kitchen the best for a plant-based diet.
Let’s take a look at the options for getting meal delivery in Sacramento and how to choose the best one for you.
Fit Kitchen is providing healthy prepared meals to the residents of Sacramento. Though their meal plans are highly customizable, a few of their delicious meals include Asian Grilled Shrimp, Blue Cheese Burger, and Sriracha Honey Grilled Chicken, and Slow Roasted Tri-Tip. Other benefits to Fit Kitchen include:
- Menu changes weekly that include exotic ingredients like Bison, Lamb, and Ahi Tuna
- Locally sourced ingredients
- Get add-ons like breakfast, drinks, kid’s meals, and desserts
- A lot of customization for dietary considerations such as low carb and allergies
- Perfectly individually portioned with the option for varying amounts of protein
- As low as $9 per meal
Get ready to eat meals straight to your door with Fit Eats. With great food such as Fit Shrimp Scampi, Turkey Mac n Cheese Casserole, and Kale and Farro Citrus Salad with Chicken, you won’t miss grocery shopping and cooking. Some great benefits of Fit Kitchen include:
- Non-GMO, locally grown ingredients
- Vegetarian, vegan, and keto-friendly selections
- Order foods in bulk, subscription, or custom meals
- Add on extras like desserts
- Menu changes weekly
- Meals vary in prices but average around $10 each
Kimberley’s Kitchen offers meal prep meal plans that are delivered to your door. Their menu includes Mediterranean Millet Bowl, Chipotle Cauliflower Tacos, and Spanish Garbanzo Bean and Spinach Skillet with Roast Potatoes. There are some great benefits to Kimberley’s Kitchen such as:
- Order a meal plan like Plant-based, Mediterranean, or American Classics or select a la carte meals
- Freshly made refrigerated options or frozen selections
- Get dry meal kits that can be made easily at home
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and add on items like jam
- Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free items
- Meals start at $6.98 each for a la carte
Want variety in your meal plan? Grub Boxx has you covered with their no repeats philosophy. Though the menu always changes, you can expect healthy food deliciously prepared. Benefits to Grub Boxx includes:
- Dishes on the menu are all reviewed by nutritionists
- Locally sourced seasonal natural ingredients including USDA meats and wild-caught seafood
- Upgrade proteins
- Accommodations for low carb
- Founded on philanthropy and partnered with Lupus
- Pricing varies but there is a referral program for discounts
Food for Fitness
Get healthy meal prep delivery in Sacramento with Food For Fitness. A few items on their menu include Rojo Chicken Enchiladas, Top Sirloin, and Sweet Potatoes, and Western BBQ Turkey Burger. There are some great benefits to Food for Fitness such as:
- Frequently changing menu of 60 selections
- Breakfast, entree, and snack options
- Portions available in medium and large
- Delivered twice a week for freshness
- Locally sourced produce and meats
- Meals start at $8.49 each
Vegin’ Out is a vegan meal prep delivery service in Sacramento. Get plant-based fast foods without eating fast food. Their menu includes dishes such as Red Lentil and Spinach Masala, Achiote Spiced Tofu, and Pasta Carbonara. Other benefits to Vegin’ Out include:
- Low sodium, low sugar, and free of oil and preservatives
- Organic ingredients
- Can be made gluten-free, low carb, and soy-free
- Order extras like breakfast, bulk sides, soups, juices, salad dressings, and desserts
- Multiple meal plans to choose from
- As low as $147 per week which includes 9-20 meals
Buyers Guide for Sacramento Meal Delivery
With more than a couple options, it is important to consider certain factors before choosing the best for you. Take a look at these four aspects of meal delivery before making your choice.
Depending on your goals and needs, you might need bigger or smaller portion sizes. If this is the case, it is important to choose a company like Food for Fitness, Fit Kitchen, or Fit Eats that you can select varying portion sizes.
Meal prep gets boring if you are always eating the same thing. Ensure that you choose a meal delivery company that offers a good variety on their menu and regularly changes it up. Many of the companies on this list do a great job of switching it up, but Grub Boxx reigns supreme in this category with their “no repeats” philosophy.
We all lead different lives which means that customization in your meal delivery service is imperative. Look for options to choose add ons, customize ingredients, number of meals, and anything else that will make your pre-made meals more convenient for you.
Whether you have a food allergy or prefer a certain diet, choosing a company that caters to your dietary needs is important. Gluten-free meals, low carb, and vegetarian selections are all common dietary options available with meal delivery, but always check to ensure the company you choose offers what you need.