Salads are a go-to for healthy eating. This is because they contain superfood ingredients like baby spinach among loads of vegetables, and some protein. However, they can be a hassle to make because you have to chop up several ingredients, and they never taste like the ones you get in a restaurant. Many healthy meal delivery services offer salads that can save you a trip to the grocery store and deliver ready-to-eat nutritious meals to your door.
There are a few things to consider when choosing the best salads with meal delivery, including freshness, taste, quality, and nutrition. Taking these into consideration, we have found the best meal delivery services that offer salads. Our favorite is Inspired Go for their patented packaging to keep food fresh and in-house greenhouse that makes their food sustainable. However, four other meal delivery services also met our strict judgment. Let’s take a look.
Inspired Go is bringing ready-to-eat meals with their healthy meal delivery service. They focus on salads with some options, including a Mexican Burrito Salad, Avocado Toast Salad, and the CHAR Caesar Salad. Here are some of their great benefits:
- Patented packaging design so that the meals stay fresh for up to 7 days
- Canadian grown food in a greenhouse with no pesticides and 99% less water
- Ingredients are all pre-chopped but separated so you can pick something out if you don’t like it
- Add ons such as breakfast options like omelet kits
- Displayed dietary considerations such as dairy-free, gluten-free, and calorie count
- Salads start at $9.99 per serving
Urban Remedy offers organic ready-to-eat food right to your doorstep. A few of their salad options include a Summer Salad, the Green Goddess Salad, and a Rainbow Salad. They have some great benefits, including:
- Though their meals are vegan, they offer sides of organic, sustainable proteins
- Meal plans that include everything thing you need for up to twelve weeks
- Extras like snacks, juices, and breakfast
- Free of gluten, artificial sugars, refined sugar, dairy, soybean or canola oils, preservatives, corn, peanuts, chemicals, and processed fillers
- Packaging is 100% recycled and recyclable
- Salads are an average of $12.99
Rather than only sending you meals that are already put together, Sun Basket sends you everything you need for a healthy home-cooked meal or has the option for prepared meals. Some of their selections include Spiced Thai Chicken with Warm Jicama Salad, Orzo Bowls, and Vegetarian Couscous with Creamy Feta Dressing. Other key benefits include:
- Options for prepared food and pre-chopped and portioned meal kits
- Add on extras like proteins, breakfasts, soups, snacks, whole grains, and more
- Selections for carb-conscious, gluten-free, lean and clean, vegetarian, diabetes-friendly, pescatarian, paleo, and Mediterranean diets
- Sun Basket has flexible meal plans
- Sun Basket servings start at just $10.99
Sakara is an organic meal delivery service that is focused on fresh meals with nutrition-packed ingredients. Some of their salad offerings include Watermelon-Rose Salad with Strawberry Chevre, Burrito Bowl with Turmeric Corn Salsa, and a Middle Eastern Bowl. Key benefits of Sakura include:
- Dietary preference markers such as “heating optional,” “spicy,” “contains nuts”
- Organic produce and ingredients from sustainable farms
- Prepared by classically trained chefs
- Collaboration with four physicians
- Two different meal program options with complimentary extras
- Pricing starting at $239 per week with three meals per day and free delivery
Thistle focuses on delivering incredible meals that have good-for-you ingredients to help you on your healthy eating journey. Some of their salad selections include Yucatan Root Salad, Persephone’s Salad, and Cherry, Mint, and Pistachio Salad. There are some great benefits to Thistle such as:
- Additional selections such as heat and eat meals, juices, sides, and breakfast
- All meals are gluten and dairy-free with organic produce when possible
- Meals are mostly plant-based, but you can add additional lean proteins in their meat meal plan
- No artificial sweeteners, preservatives, dyes, additives, or refined white sugars
- Perfectly portioned with calorie counts
- Meals start at $11.50 per serving
Buying Guide: Salad Meal Delivery
There are quite a few options for meal delivery companies that offer salads, so let’s take a look at some factors that you should consider with this buyer’s guide.
Prepared or Meal Kit
With meal delivery services, there are two main options- prepared meals or meal kits. Many of the companies on this list are prepared meals that you only have to take out of your fridge and eat in the case of a salad.
Meal kits usually come pre-portioned and pre-chopped so that all you have to do is follow the instructions, which are usually just mixing everything together if you choose a salad. The only meal kit option on this list is Sun Basket, but they have prepared meals as well.
Meal delivery services occasionally get expensive because of logistics, packaging, and the fact that they are doing all of the work. However, you can always order fewer meals or bundle your meals in many cases to save money.
A La Carte vs. Meal Plans
The two main ways that companies have their services set up is a la carte or through meal plans. With a la carte, you pick the number of meals and which meals that you want, add them to your cart, and they ship them to you.
With meal plans, they typically have a set number of meals delivered on a weekly or monthly basis which you can then select that number of meals from their menu.
Occasionally, they send you a preset menu with meal plans, so watch out for that if you expect to choose. There are pros and cons for both, but it really depends on your needs.
Healthy meals start with high-quality ingredients. You should always choose a meal delivery service with tags on their website such as organic, non-GMO, free of additives, no pesticides, sustainably sourced, and other phrases like those to ensure you are getting the highest quality ingredients.
Though our favorite on this list is Inspired Go, you can’t go wrong with any of these healthy meal delivery services. Each of them brings tasty meals with fresh ingredients. Select the company that works best for you and sounds delicious. After all, you won’t stick with it if it doesn’t taste good!