Tired of trying to source high-quality seafood for your meals? Us too.
Seafood delivery is a fantastic alternative that can save you time, money, and stress without sacrificing quality. The only trouble is trying to figure out which companies are deserving of your business or right for your family. That is why we have narrowed it down for you.
We analyzed dozens of seafood delivery companies taking into consideration pricing, quality, freshness, variety of options, and sustainability. Here are our findings of the 20 best seafood delivery services, their key benefits, and how they stack up against each other.
Our overall winner is Sizzlefish, a company with more than 30 years under its belt in the sustainable seafood industry. They have managed to rack up countless endorsements from sources such as Forbes, Bon Appetit, Food & Wine, and more, in addition to thousands of five-star reviews from their customers. In addition to being a trusted source of sustainable seafood, here are some other key benefits of Sizzlefish.
- A la carte and subscription box ordering options
- Portion selections for each item
- Offers 15 types of fish and ten types of shellfish plus extras like smoked fish, beef, and gifts
- Arrives frozen with dry ice to ensure there are no temperature variations
- Pre-selected packages for those with dietary preferences like Paleo
- Subscriptions start at $8.99 per serving with free shipping.
Despite its name, Lobster Anywhere offers more than just lobster. However, they are our top choice if you are looking for lobster specifically. They are known for delivering Maine lobster in all forms, including meat only, grill-ready lobster tails, live lobsters, and prepared foods like lobster bisque. Here are some other great benefits of Lobster Anywhere.
- A la carte and gift box ordering choices
- Other raw and prepared foods like scallops, shrimp, chowders, ravioli, and surf and turf
- Wild caught seafood with sustainable practices.
- Flash frozen to preserve freshness and overnight shipped
- Pricing discounts the bigger the order and free shipping on several products
Oshen Salmon is our winner for the best salmon because they have thrown all their resources into providing just salmon and nothing else. They ocean-raise their salmon using ethical, sustainable, environmentally friendly aquaculture practices off the coast of southern Chile. Here are a few other key features of Oshen Salmon.
- Antibiotic-free and ASC, BAP, BRC, and Kosher certified
- Three different sized boxes to choose from
- Flash-frozen and fresh salmon selections
- Order as needed or through automatic subscription (weekly or up to bimonthly)
- Oshen Club, a free rewards program
- Pricing starts at around $17/pound, with a variable shipping cost.
PureFish spent two decades as a top seafood supply company for the best fine dining establishments and well-known chefs. Now, they have transitioned to bringing their delicious seafood to home chefs. PureFish is our winner for being the best-portioned seafood, as they have put convenience at the forefront of their mission. Their fish and shellfish come in restaurant-style center-cut portions on disposable oven-safe trays. Below are some more great benefits of PureFish.
- Five boxes curated by in-house nutritionists, dieticians, and fish experts to choose from
- Each tray contains two servings that are ready to cook.
- Traceability label with Q.R. code on each tray
- A lot of variety – black cod, tuna, shrimp, scallops & more, plus selections like salmon hot dogs, cobia burgers, spices, and caviar
- Sustainable and upcycled packaging and a zero waste policy when it comes to using the whole fish
- Subscription boxes start at $125 (16 servings), with free shipping and discounts for recurring subscriptions.
Oceanbox has been featured in Forbes, the New York Post, Rachel Ray, and more for delivering the freshest seafood that home chefs can buy. They are our pick for the best fresh fish delivery because the seafood is never frozen and arrives on your doorstep within three days of being caught. Take a peek at the other key benefits of Oceanbox.
- A la carte and variety pack boxes like value boxes and samplers
- A choice between one-time orders or discounted subscriptions
- 14+ types of fish, including halibut, monkfish, and Chilean sea bass, plus shellfish like crab, lobster, and scallops
- Recyclable, biodegradable, and non-toxic packaging with ice packs or dry ice to maintain peak freshness
- Follows strict sustainability guidelines with all of their suppliers and fisheries
- The cheapest box is $45 (6 servings), and shipping costs around $15
Downeast Day Boat has won the best seafood company for scallops due to its focus on sourcing only pure, flavorful, plump scallops from Maine’s cold waters. They have been featured in The New York Times, Spruce Eats, The Boston Glove, and NPR for their work towards restoring sustainable Maine scallop fishing.
The owner, Togue Brown, is the daughter of a commercial fisherman and has had her own success over the last 20 years in the seafood and fishing industry. From her time as a state fisheries manager for the Department of Marine Resources to building Downeast Day Boat, Togue Brown has made huge strides towards implementing and encouraging sustainable sourcing practices all over Maine. In addition, these are some other key benefits of Downeast Day Boat.
- Delivered fresh within 24 hours of harvest December through May and frozen the other times of year
- Other options besides scallops include fresh seasonal seafood like mussels, recipe kits, Maine sea salt, and more.
- Find detailed information about every Downeast Day Boat fisherman on the website.
- Their scallops never touch freshwater or chemicals, so they are not waterlogged and maintain their natural flavor.
- One pound of Maine scallops is around $50, with variable shipping costs and a discount on your first purchase.
Taylor Shellfish Farms have been farming sustainable shellfish in the Pacific Northwest since the late 1800s. They are our top pick for the best oysters, clams, and mussels not just because of their extensive history and experience but also for their quality, variety, and philanthropic initiatives. Here are the key highlights of Taylor Shellfish Farms.
- Fresh, frozen, and canned seafood options
- Shop meal kits, variety packs, gifts, spices and sauces, and a la carte selections
- All Taylor shellfish are certified by the Food Alliance, a third-party sustainable agriculture certifier.
- For fresh seafood, choose your delivery date as all fresh selections are harvested to order
- Charitable giving initiatives such as community sponsorships and grants to support non-profit conservation and education organizations
- Prices and shipping vary, but for instance, 5 lbs. of Totten Inlet Mussels is $50
Honolulu Fish Company delivers fresh fish to your doorstep within 24-48 hours of being caught. Honolulu Fish offers 30 varieties of Pacific water fish and is the only U.S. distributor of 14+ species of sashimi grade fish, making them the best choice for anyone looking for sashimi. They have also been featured in national publications such as Food & Wine, The New York Times, and Cooking Light, so the professionals clearly agree with us. Here are some other fantastic benefits of Honolulu Fish Company.
- Selection varies on the daily catch, which is always changing.
- All the fish are hook caught to boycott harmful net fishing.
- Zero Fish Waste policy and initiatives for solving by-catch issues
- Shipped fresh in a custom, eco-friendly box to regulate temperature
- Prepared in a government-certified space using one-touch handling and a single knife process
- Pricing is dependent on the catch of the day, but shipping is always free.
Browne Trading is a leading seafood delivery company raved about by elite chefs and restaurants and publications like Men’s Health, Bon Appetit, and The New York Times. They are known for their next-day delivery, but they have our vote for the best caviar because of their international reputation for sourcing the finest caviars and their in-house caviar master, Richard Hall. Check out some of Browne Trading’s key highlights below.
- Wide selection of caviar, fresh seafood, and smoked seafood like their popular smoked salmon
- Extras like specialty accompaniments and serviceware
- Focus on traceability for all of their product sources
- All staff is rigorously trained in the seafood industry to ensure quality products and care at every level.
- The majority of their fish are hook-caught rather than with harmful nets.
- Pricing and shipping rates vary; free shipping with a minimum order.
Wixter Seafood began as a small neighborhood market in Chicago. Now they have expanded to bring their top-notch healthy seafood to homes across the nation. Though you can find their products in several big-name grocery stores, they also have online ordering that ships to your door. Wixter Seafood is our choice for the best-canned fish as well because their canned selections come with a variety of sauces, have the same quality of fish as frozen products, and have simple ingredient lists. Take a look at the other key benefits of Wixter Seafood.
- More than 25 unique selections to choose from
- Products are flash frozen, vacuum sealed, or canned within a few hours of harvest.
- Uniform fillets, cuts, and overall sizing to make your recipes easy
- 100% traceability, zero waste initiatives, and sustainable sourcing and education
- No preservatives, antibiotics, or additives
- Starts under $15 (2 servings), with free shipping on order over $99
More Great Options for Seafood Delivered
Sea to Table is a family-owned seafood delivery company featured by several top press agencies like Epicurious, Bon Appetit, Forbes, and National Geographic. They offer only premium frozen seafood that is wild caught from the shores of the U.S. Here are the other key benefits of Sea to Table.
- One-time purchase, build your own box, and subscription options.
- All wild caught and processed in the USA, never farmed.
- Complete traceability of the fish and eco-friendly packaging
- Flash froze at peak freshness.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed
- From $9.99 per serving with free shipping on orders over $99
Vital Choice has been in the seafood delivery service market since 2001, offering a wide variety of wild-caught seafood and other selections like marine supplements, organic foods and seasonings, caviar, and more. Here are a few of the great benefits of Vital Choice.
- Wide variety of options in several portion cuts and selections
- Subscription, gift, and one-time ordering
- Sustainable shipping materials
- Reviews under every product so you can see which are the best products
- Vital Choice frozen seafood meets sushi grade requirements.
- The subscription box starts at $129.00 for 10-14 portions; shipping varies.
Alaskan Salmon Company brings sushi-grade, restaurant-quality Alaskan salmon and seafood straight from the docks to your dinner table. Not only do they have a ton of reviews from their customers, but they have also been featured in Travel & Leisure, DuJour, Forbes, Food & Wine, and more. Here are some of the key benefits to Alaskan Salmon Company.
- Customize your box type, frequency, size, and fish selections
- Alaskan fishermen catch your selections with low-impact methods.
- Hand prepped, vacuum sealed, and flash frozen, then shipped to you with no middle-men
- Founded by commercial Alaskan fishermen, Kyle Lee
- Fillets are individually sealed, so they stay fresh until you want to use them without committing to a set number of portions.
- Starts at just over $14/serving with free shipping
Fulton Fish Market is one of the oldest fish markets in the United States, beginning in NYC in 1822. Since then, Fulton Fish Market has been a top-trusted name in the fish and seafood industry, and now they are bringing one of the largest selections of tasty seafood right to your door. Here are the benefits you can expect from Fulton Fish Market.
- All their products are hand selected, inspected, and packed
- A la carte, subscription, and bundle purchasing options
- Live, fresh, frozen, ready-to-eat, and pantry selections
- Rewards program to earn discounts
- Wild and farmed choices from all over the world, but always explicitly stated in each product description
- Pricing varies with deals rotating regularly; flat rate shipping charges depend on your location
Maine’s deep, icy waters make their lobster sweeter than anywhere else in the world, which is why it is considered the best tasting. Get Maine Lobster doesn’t just deliver live and frozen lobster. They also ship out their fresh catch, which includes scallops, mussels, oysters, and fish. Here are other benefits of Get Maine Lobster.
- Harvested the old-fashioned way with modern conservation efforts like tail notching, size requirements, and more
- Subscription, themed, and bulk boxes with monthly or one-time delivery
- Tons of 5-star reviews on each product
- Live, frozen, and fresh seafood delivered the next day
- Free recipes and seafood cooking tips
- Lobster tails start at $99 (4 tails); shipping varies depending on your location
Wild Alaskan Company is a monthly seafood delivery service owned by a third-generation Alaskan commercial fisherman, Aaron Kallenberg, that focuses on bringing wild-caught, sustainable seafood to your dinner table. Besides their expertise, here are the other fantastic benefits of Wild Alaskan Company.
- Create your own box from Alaskan salmon, white fish, and other rotating seasonal specials
- Caught and processed in the USA with no antibiotics, dyes, or added coloring
- All shipping materials are compostable and recyclable
- 100% satisfaction and money back guarantee
- Individually vacuum sealed portions delivered on your schedule and as often as you’d like
- Starting at $145 (12 portions) with free shipping
Butcher Box is a flexible subscription box service that delivers humanely raised and sourced meats to your door. It is one of the most popular protein subscription services, as seen on Forbes, Food & Wine, and The New York Times, but many people don’t know they offer wild-caught seafood in their selections! Here are the key benefits of Butcher Box.
- Salmon, scallops, lobster, cod & halibut, in addition to beef, chicken, and pork
- All proteins are sustainably and humanely sourced with no antibiotics, additives, or artificial colors
- Choose a box or create your own and select your delivery frequency
- Shipped frozen in eco-friendly packaging
- Third-party certifications to maintain the highest-quality and environmentally-friendly products and service
- Starting at $99/month (7lbs of meat) with free shipping
Good Chop is similar to Butcher Box, offering fully customizable boxes delivered monthly of premium meats and seafood. Here are the great benefits that set Good Chop apart.
- Always sustainably and responsibly sourced from the USA without any added antibiotics, hormones, additives, or preservatives
- Seafood selections include salmon, rockfish, cod, sea scallops, shrimp, and halibut, in addition to chicken, pork, and fish
- Only MSC or ASC-certified seafood
- 100% satisfaction or money back guarantee
- Fully recyclable delivery packaging
- Starts at $3.74 per serving with free shipping on your first order
Farm Foods Market is a subscription box protein delivery service that brings your meats and fish directly from the farms (or ocean!) to you. Here are the top benefits of Farm Foods Market.
- Several boxes in two sizes or a la carte with various cuts of beef, pork, chicken, and fish to choose from
- All of their fish comes from Tony and Heather’s certified sustainable fishery & their boat named “The Oly.”
- Seafood is wild-caught with no antibiotics, hormones, or GMOs
- Guaranteed to arrive 100% frozen or get your money back
- Starts as low as $4.40 per serving with free shipping on orders over $99
Wulf’s Fish, a staple in Boston, Massachusetts, since 1926, has since expanded to bring their chef-quality seafood to homes across the nation. Wulf’s Fish has been featured by Boston Magazine, The Spruce Eats, Eating Well Magazine, and more, which is a testament to their fantastic service. Here are the highlights of Wulf’s Fish.
- Wide variety of fish, shellfish, caviar, roe, and pantry staples
- Purchasing options include a la carte, subscriptions, chef’s boxes, and sets
- Vacuum sealed and “super frozen” to ensure freshness and texture, reduce food waste, and maintain sushi-grade quality
- Eco-friendly, recyclable shipping materials
- Trusted by thousands of customers with 5-star reviews and the nation’s top chefs
- Pricing varies; shipping is flat rate starting at $35 depending on your location
What To Look For in Seafood Delivery
With so many fantastic seafood delivery services, deciding which is best for your family can be hard. Don’t fret. Here are some things to look for in a seafood delivery company before making a choice.
Wild Caught vs. Farm Raised
When looking at seafood options, you’ll frequently see two terms– wild-caught and farm-raised. Wild caught seafood is what it sounds like as it is caught in its natural habitat. Farm-raised is slightly different as the seafood is raised in a controlled environment.
Neither option is necessarily better than the other, but it is important to choose farm-raised products that do not contain antibiotics, growth hormones, or additives and are fed a diet similar to their natural food chain. Ultimately, the choice between wild-caught and farm-raised is all about your personal preference.
Sustainability is vital when it comes to seafood, as we should always be working towards preserving our oceans. Sustainable measures to look for include using the whole fish, opting for hook caught instead of nets to prevent bycatch, and abiding by guidelines like size and catch limits.
All of the seafood delivery services on our list have sustainable initiatives, but some take it further than others, so ensure the one you choose matches your own values regarding sustainability.
You can get seafood delivered live, fresh (never frozen), frozen, or canned. However, the state the seafood arrives in isn’t quite what determines freshness. Instead, freshness is determined by how quickly the seafood is processed after being harvested.
For maximum freshness, seafood should be frozen or canned as quickly as possible after coming land-side and then can be delivered on a more flexible timeline. Seafood that will be delivered live or not frozen should be delivered as soon as possible (24-72 hours) after harvest while ensuring proper temperature from the docks to your door.
How the Fish is Packaged and Shipped
Fish is typically packaged and shipped two ways– individual or low quantity portions or in bulk.
Seafood packaged and shipped in portions of one or two is great for individuals or small families that want flexibility on when and how much they want to use.
Bulk packaging is better for one-time orders for events, large families, or those who will break it down and re-package it into the portions that are best for them.
Value Packs and Pricing
When it comes to the pricing of anything, it has to fit within the budget. On our list, the prices vary greatly, ensuring that no matter your budget, there is an option to get seafood delivery.
There are also many ways to save, including value packs, subscription discounts, and price breaks for large orders. Many companies also offer promotions, especially on your first order.
Some seafood delivery services focus on a narrow sub-section of seafood types, but others have a ton of options. The best choice for you is whether you want to try as many types of seafood as possible or if you only have a handful of specific fish you eat.
In terms of variety, you should also consider whether you are looking for other land-based proteins in your order or just seafood only.
Can seafood be shipped?
Are fish delivery services worth it?
Is seafood shipped frozen?
Though our overall winner is Sizzlefish for their attention to variety, sustainability, customization, and affordable pricing, there are great seafood delivery companies for everyone.
If you are looking for a specific type of seafood or delivery element, check out our category winners for the best seafood delivery for lobster, scallops, salmon, fresh delivery, canned, portioned, and more.
We have also included companies that offer other selections besides seafood, such as beef, chicken, pantry staples, ready-to-eat foods, and kits.